Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Great toys

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:22 pm
What really great toys do your kids enjoy?

Manga tiles was a fantastic investment.
Cliks nearly as great

Looking to buy something for $150

Are the Jewish mentchies worth it?

Suitable for girl 8 and boy 3

Thanks in advance for all suggestions

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:25 pm
My kids love the mitzvah Kinder. And you can also buy a dollhouse for expanded play

simba

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:29 pm
My Mitzva Kinder gets tons of use. Those ages sound great.

nchr

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:35 pm
We like keva blocks, magformers and animals.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 5:01 pm
My kids plAy a lot with the mitzvah kinder combined with the magna tiles. Mitzvah kinder is a great investment. The shabbos set is a good set to get.

gande

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:02 pm
lego sets

butterfly2

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:34 pm
Pretend play (dishes, doctor kit, tool set etc)

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:36 pm
The Jewish mentchies are great but while 8 year olds still play with them, they're starting to get a little old. $150 is a big enough budget that you can get some mentchies for the little one and legos for the big one. Legos are a GREAT investment. My DD recently received a "Lego Friends" set as a gift, and while I originally thought it was pathetic that they make a "girl version" of Lego, now that she has it I'm seeing that it really is adorable and prompts additional pretend play. I'm happy with our current setup which is that we have a lot of general legos and random mentchies, supplemented by a few "friends" things.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:38 pm
Not a toy, but my kids spend most of their time using crafts supplies. I buy a huge variety and let them do whatever they want as long as it gets cleaned up at the end. There's nothing they enjoy more.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:01 pm
Kinetic sand (the name brand). I have a large under-bed storage container with 50 lbs of sand and a ton of molds and toys. My kids aged 2-12 spend hours playing and creating intricate landscapes. When friends come over, its the only thing they want to play with!

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 4:32 am
Playmobile

dankbar

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 5:47 am
8 yr old girl I think is already a little too big to enjoy mitzvah mentchies. For 3 yr old boy it's great.

My boys love dress up costumes. Crafts. Small legos. Playmobile.

My toddler girl loves her dolls & accesories over anything else.
She all enjoys books. Magna tiles. Mr potato. Mitzvah menchies. She doesn't last on any toy for too long, but is obsessed with her dolls, they must do exactly what she is doing at the moment

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:06 am
Cars, trucks, cars, mitzvah kinder metchies, cars, magna tiles, cars... all on a large car mat!!!

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:09 am
amother wrote:
Kinetic sand (the name brand). I have a large under-bed storage container with 50 lbs of sand and a ton of molds and toys. My kids aged 2-12 spend hours playing and creating intricate landscapes. When friends come over, its the only thing they want to play with!

Is kinetic sand messy? can you post a link? Where do you store the sand? My 2 yr dd is on the sensory side and loves touching and playing with flour and anything she could get her hands on. This sounds up her ally.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:20 am
jewishmom6 wrote:
Is kinetic sand messy? can you post a link? Where do you store the sand? My 2 yr dd is on the sensory side and loves touching and playing with flour and anything she could get her hands on. This sounds up her ally.

Can get on amazon. I've tried a few brands from Amazing Savings. Still looking for perfect one, but I haven't tried official Kinetic Sand brand. I'll have to try that next. I store it in a big underbed container. The good kinetic sand is not messy. My kids used it at a friend's house and I felt it.

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:24 am
amother wrote:
Can get on amazon. I've tried a few brands from Amazing Savings. Still looking for perfect one, but I haven't tried official Kinetic Sand brand. I'll have to try that next. I store it in a big underbed container. The good kinetic sand is not messy. My kids used it at a friend's house and I felt it.

Looks like my best bet based on reviews is to get the original brand kinetic sand.
I am so excited with this idea for my 2 yr old!

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:43 am
Large wooden kitchen set with pots, pans and lots of pretend food !

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:53 am
jewishmom6 wrote:
Looks like my best bet based on reviews is to get the original brand kinetic sand.
I am so excited with this idea for my 2 yr old!

Kinetic Sand amother here. Only get the name brand! The others are poor imitations. The real Kinetic Sand is not messy at all. I keep it in an under-bed container because it is low and wide, perfect for sand play. I sometimes find little clumps on the floor after play. It is easy to just pick up with your fingers and return to the container. I bought it last year for Chanuka and it still gets played with every single day.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 5:41 pm
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply!!

nchr

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:04 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:

We have Waba Sand. We found it to be just okay, but really liked the Mad Mattr. We were not impressed with Bubber. They now have shape it sand, which I've heard good things about as well. It's not very messy, but it does need to be cleaned up. Sand is probably the most appropriate for an older 2 year old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics