Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Do you have a drone?

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:16 pm
I know someone who will be recovering from something for a while. Is a drone a good gift to get someone like that?

Do you own one? How much would I be looking to spend? What qualities do I look for in a good drone?

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:59 pm
A drone? You mean a pilotless aircraft? Why in the world would you want to get someone such a thing?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 9:10 pm
What is that person supposed to do with a drone? It's not something that can keep one buzy.

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 9:16 pm
OP, are you from another country and is English not your first language? Perhaps you could explain what you mean by a drone; maybe Google Translate is misleading you and you mean something other than an unmanned model airplane, which really doesn’t sound like a good gift for a person recovering from anything.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
I know someone who will be recovering from something for a while. Is a drone a good gift to get someone like that?

Do you own one? How much would I be looking to spend? What qualities do I look for in a good drone?

adult or child? I had one for my kids.... The LOVED it. They used it a lot for a few weeks and then it broke (I brought a cheap one, so expected that and feel it was worth it since they really enjoyed and played with it alot)

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 9:39 pm
zaq wrote:
OP, are you from another country and is English not your first language? Perhaps you could explain what you mean by a drone; .

If you put the word drone into amazon search bar, you'll see a lot of them

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 9:41 pm
My son has a drone. He can’t use it though. In the house it gets stuck to the light fixture or curtains. Outside it gets stuck in the trees.
Get him a gameboy kind of thing.

cm

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 10:25 pm
I have not used a drone, but I understand they are becoming popular. Whether or not it would be a good gift depends on the person's interests, and whether or not the person can go outside. If the person has an interest in photography or videos, a camera drone would be great. If the person generally enjoys gadgets, learning to make the drone fly in different patterns would be enjoyable. Be sure to check if there are local laws limiting the use of drones in the area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics