Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How many Carats is the Diamond Necklace in Simpson's window?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 10:52 am
How many Carats is the Diamond Necklace in Simpson's window, on 13th avenue in BP?

How much do you think it costs?

How many do you think they sell, and to whom do they sell these huge diamond necklaces, local people or people from outside Brooklyn?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 10:53 am
Why not ask them? Very Happy

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 10:54 am
ra_mom wrote:
Why not ask them? Very Happy

I know. I already bought 3 of them, and I wanted to see if anyone else who passed the window can guess accurately. Rolling Laughter

simba

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 11:27 am
amother wrote:
I know. I already bought 3 of them, and I wanted to see if anyone else who passed the window can guess accurately. Rolling Laughter

They likely only sold 3 then!

crust

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 11:56 am
simba wrote:
They likely only sold 3 then!

I just bought one. Why not

Tongue Out

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:
How many Carats is the Diamond Necklace in Simpson's window, on 13th avenue in BP?

How much do you think it costs?

How many do you think they sell, and to whom do they sell these huge diamond necklaces, local people or people from outside Brooklyn?

Price can correlate to karats, but quality, color, cut, etc. impact price. For example, I have a 1 karat necklace that cost 48,000 and a larger karat ring that cost less. My great aunt has a 22 karat diamond that cost way more than that but would not be sold at simpsons and I don't care how much jewelry costs or who buys it! Oh and P.S. today I am wearing a Necklace and earrings from Swarovski that didn't cost more than $200!

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:19 pm
amother wrote:
I have a 1 karat necklace that cost 48,000 and a larger karat ring that cost less.

Piffle! Poor you! Measly diamonds. I have a few diamond that are way more valuable, but I wont offer the details, because I have Midos. I never brag.

simba

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:34 pm
crust wrote:
I just bought one. Why not

Tongue Out

I guess that would make it 4!

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:36 pm
amother wrote:
Piffle! Poor you! Measly diamonds. I have a few diamond that are way more valuable, but I wont offer the details, because I have Midos. I never brag.

I'm not bragging and this was anonymously posted. I was trying to say that price does not correspond only to karats. Go reread the post and tell me if you honestly still have the stick.

studying_torah

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:38 pm
Can't make an educated guess without pictures Wink

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not bragging and this was anonymously posted. I was trying to say that price does not correspond only to karats. Go reread the post and tell me if you honestly still have the stick.

Honestly? Yeah, I thought it was a brag.

Because you COULD have said that the value of diamonds is dependent on a number of factors, including color, clarity and cut, in addition to size. But instead, you talked about your necklace for which you paid pretty close to the median annual household income in the US, and your aunt's ring that is apparently a doppelganger for Kim Kardashian's.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:53 pm
amother wrote:
Honestly? Yeah, I thought it was a brag.

Because you COULD have said that the value of diamonds is dependent on a number of factors, including color, clarity and cut, in addition to size. But instead, you talked about your necklace for which you paid pretty close to the median annual household income in the US, and your aunt's ring that is apparently a doppelganger for Kim Kardashian's.

Doppelganger? Sure.. she's only had it close to 15+ years.... And I did not write the price for that because that would be inappropriate because of people's money. I never brag and honestly I wouldn't wear things people know are expensive. Most ppl think one 1 karat necklace cost pennies which is why I like it. I was trying to give a good example because many people have purchased and/or looked at 1 karat items and can relate to the prices they saw/were quoted.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 1:07 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Can't make an educated guess without pictures Wink

The diamonds are way bigger than the diamonds in the Costume Jewelry necklaces sold a block away in "All that Glitters", some of which are very gaudy looking (that many people dont think are real because theyd be too expensive).

Sorta like a necklace full of solitaire engagement ring size stones.

Maybe that will help you imagine what it looks like.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 1:49 pm
I kind of admire the marketing of the De Beers company which made the value of diamonds so high. I'm wishing that I would have that kind of marketing savvy.

Diamonds were worth less than other gems like rubies and emeralds until De Beers marketed them less than 100 years ago. To me, that's fascinating, making an entire commodity rise in price so much throughout the world!

P.S. Why don't we play "guess how many jelly beans are in the jar?" here, and I'll call them on Monday and ask for the price, and see who wins?

Here's my non-educated guess: $20,000.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 1:55 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I kind of admire the marketing of the De Beers company which made the value of diamonds so high. I'm wishing that I would have that kind of marketing savvy.

Diamonds were worth less than other gems like rubies and emeralds until De Beers marketed them less than 100 years ago. To me, that's fascinating, making an entire commodity rise in price so much throughout the world!

P.S. Why don't we play "guess how many jelly beans are in the jar?" here, and I'll call them on Monday and ask for the price, and see who wins?

Here's my non-educated guess: $20,000.

But you have to corner the market for the strategy to work.

I know 3 people who got them as push presents. I wanted to get one, but I have too many necklaces already. I see the necklaces priced about $3000.

Is this similar?

https://www.ross-simons.com/3......pping

happy12

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 3:09 pm
Who cares?
I wouldn't wear it anyway.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 3:30 pm
Please tell me a push present doesn't mean a gift for giving birth...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 3:39 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Please tell me a push present doesn't mean a gift for giving birth...

I can't tell you that. Non-Jews also are giving push presents.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 4:09 pm
amother wrote:

When I read your post, I thought it was in jest, just like most of the posts on this thread, so I answered in jest.

Im truly sorry if you took it seriously.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 12:56 pm
Am I the only one who is baffled by this thread? Scratching Head
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries