Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
No sound / Windows 7

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 4:22 pm
Please help! I am hopeless with computers, and I can't get my volume to work. It worked fine before Shabbos, but now it's not. I've been reading tutorials for 3 hours now, and all I have for it is a headache. Banging head

Windows 7, Chrome, on a refurbished Dell.

I need my Netflix!

DrMom

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 4:41 pm
Type "Sound" in the windows search function. Check that your default device isn't some headset which is not plugged in, etc.

Also, make sure there is no audio disable button that was activated on the PC itself.

Lastly, if you are working from a browser, make sure the tab itself is not muted by right-clicking on the browser window tab.

Hope one of those suggestions helps!

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 5:25 pm
DrMom wrote:
Type "Sound" in the windows search function. Check that your default device isn't some headset which is not plugged in, etc.

No other devices set, just the computer speakers.

Also, make sure there is no audio disable button that was activated on the PC itself.

Where would I find an audio disable button?

Lastly, if you are working from a browser, make sure the tab itself is not muted by right-clicking on the browser window tab.

Is a browser like Chrome, or something else?

Shuly

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 7:37 pm
Laptop or desktop computer?

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 1:09 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

No other devices set, just the computer speakers.

Where would I find an audio disable button?
My laptop has one to the upper right of the keyboard. Not all laptop models have this.

Is a browser like Chrome, or something else?
Like Chrome, etc.

Also, if you are using external speakers, make sure their volume isn't turned off/down.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 10:39 am
A friend on FB suggested someone to contact. I gave him remote access to my computer, and he fixed it in about 5 clicks. I have no idea what was wrong, but he was happy to help.

If you ever need help with your computer, check out David Cohen in Beit Shemesh. Just add him on FB and he'll talk you through it. He's an absolute sweetheart, and came highly recommended by several members of the community.

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 12:02 pm
Good to know!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics