Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Got the concept Bh! But holds it In.. any suggestions?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 10:50 am
I trained my 2.6 year old son over the weekend. Bh Bh he got the concept and keeps asking to go, but once on the toilet/ potty he’s afraid to let go. So he keeps asking to go every 2 minutes since he doesn’t actually pee. Same for the night. Any suggestions? I’ve tried giving him lots to drink he gets scared when he feels it coming but probably doesn’t let everything out, since he is constantly asking to go.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 12:18 pm
A teaspoon of olive oil in a juice bottle every day saved our sanity.
Until he was comfortable going.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 12:29 pm
I had the same problem with my son. He was scared to let the pee out. What helped was to be very relaxed about it. And to make it a fun experience. I tickled his stomach and made him laugh, which usually made him go.
Or we would imagine to blow bubbles, or I gave him a little milk in a cup and he blew bubbles into it from a straw. The action of blowing helped it come out.
Also turn on the water from the sink, Tyne sound of running water can also help!

Good luck! It’s frustrating, but it passes.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 12:37 pm
amother wrote:
A teaspoon of olive oil in a juice bottle every day saved our sanity.
Until he was comfortable going.

How does this help?

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 12:55 pm
amother wrote:
How does this help?

This helps if they are holding in number two.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 1:22 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I had the same problem with my son. He was scared to let the pee out. What helped was to be very relaxed about it. And to make it a fun experience. I tickled his stomach and made him laugh, which usually made him go.
Or we would imagine to blow bubbles, or I gave him a little milk in a cup and he blew bubbles into it from a straw. The action of blowing helped it come out.
Also turn on the water from the sink, Tyne sound of running water can also help!

Good luck! It’s frustrating, but it passes.

Thanks so much!! I’ll try these tips!

ahuva06

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 2:24 pm
What helps my son is to role play with him. I'll take his Lego menchies and make a game out of the boy who needs the bathroom but he's nervous so his mommy takes him and after he goes he gets a treat and it's so fun etc... Act out his fear and how it's really so fun to go with him and see if it helps... (we're still working on getting him to go at playgroup but this method worked great for at home...) good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training