Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Toras Moshe (ToMo) post high school yeshiva in Yerushalayim

amother
White

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 1:41 pm
Hi,
Im looking for information about this yeshiva please.

What type of boys go there? How serious is it?
W e are not really a yeshivish family, but my son is a serious learner, he's a really 'good' boy, he wears a hat in high school becasue thats the rule, otherwise he doesnt becasue its 'uncomfortable'.

If anyone can tell me about it I would be so grateful, thanks!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 2:54 pm
There is a decent group of avreichim in my community from there. Some still learn there, they all have a kesher with the Rosh Yeshiva.
If you PM me I can give you the number of some of them.

amother
White

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 11:30 pm
Iymnok wrote:
There is a decent group of avreichim in my community from there. Some still learn there, they all have a kesher with the Rosh Yeshiva.
If you PM me I can give you the number of some of them.

thanks lymnok
but I would prefer to hear from mothers of boys who are currently there or have just left there. I think they would have a different perspective from the men who are in Kollel there.

Does anyone else have infor? thanks

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 11:48 pm
My husband went there and loved it. There are boys from all different backgrounds there ranging from Baal Tshuva to really yeshivish but they are all there for one common goal, to focus on learning. They are all devoted and serious to their learning no matter what color shirt they wear. He has a really close kesher with the Rosh Yeshiva and a bunch of rabeim there that he still keeps in touch with.

amother
White

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:47 am
amother wrote:
My husband went there and loved it. There are boys from all different backgrounds there ranging from Baal Tshuva to really yeshivish but they are all there for one common goal, to focus on learning. They are all devoted and serious to their learning no matter what color shirt they wear. He has a really close kesher with the Rosh Yeshiva and a bunch of rabeim there that he still keeps in touch with.

Thank you for responding!
Are the boys expected to wear only white shirts? and hats?
Does the Rosh Yehsiva and rabbeim discourage the boys from going to college? and how many years do boys typically stay in ToMo?
What is Rav Meiselman like, personality wise and hashkafa wise?
Thanks again!

amother
White

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:15 pm
Bump.
Does anyone have any more information? Thanks

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:43 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you for responding!
Are the boys expected to wear only white shirts? and hats?
Does the Rosh Yehsiva and rabbeim discourage the boys from going to college? and how many years do boys typically stay in ToMo?
What is Rav Meiselman like, personality wise and hashkafa wise?
Thanks again!

I dont think they all wear white shirts and definitely not hats! They do have a program in yeshiva that u can do excelsior b.a. while you are there and many boys end up going to college while still remaining serious bnei torah. Rabbi meiselman has alot of personality, he looks out for and takes care of his boys. He is always there to guide my husband and he once drove special from flatbush to Lakewood when he was in america to meet my husband when he wanted to discuss something. Hashkafa eise-he lives and loves torah.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:23 pm
amother wrote:
I dont think they all wear white shirts and definitely not hats! They do have a program in yeshiva that u can do excelsior b.a. while you are there and many boys end up going to college while still remaining serious bnei torah. Rabbi meiselman has alot of personality, he looks out for and takes care of his boys. He is always there to guide my husband and he once drove special from flatbush to Lakewood when he was in america to meet my husband when he wanted to discuss something. Hashkafa eise-he lives and loves torah.

thanks so much! Im so sorry, I only just saw your response.
If anybody else has anything to add, I would really appreciate it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics