Home

Bottle warmer
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


clowny




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:28 am
I’m looking for a bottle warmer that has the option of keeping a bottle warm during the night. So when my baby wakes up I have a warm bottle ready. I don’t want to have to warm it up at 3 am.
Can you tell me which one you have and if you’re happy.
Back to top

amother




Blue


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:33 am
If you are using powder... add it to your bottles... and fill up a small thermos with warm water. Add water to bottle when needed. (Suggesting this as you may already have this item, and I’ve been reading the frugal threads).
Back to top

butterfly2




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 1:26 am
I’m also interested in a bottle warmer. Does it just keep a hot bottle warm or if a bottle has gotten cold can the warmer bring the temperature up?
Additionally, is it permissible to use on shabbos?
Back to top

clowny




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 9:16 am
emcee wrote:
I’m also interested in a bottle warmer. Does it just keep a hot bottle warm or if a bottle has gotten cold can the warmer bring the temperature up?
Additionally, is it permissible to use on shabbos?


I’ve searched online and whatever I saw was a warmer that warms up the bottle. I didn’t come across any that keeps the bottle warm for a few hours. That’s what I’m looking for.
Back to top

amother




Aqua


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 9:19 am
I believe the milk will spoil if you keep it warm that long
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:27 am
clowny wrote:
I’ve searched online and whatever I saw was a warmer that warms up the bottle. I didn’t come across any that keeps the bottle warm for a few hours. That’s what I’m looking for.


The milk will spoil probably.
What you can do is get a bottle warmer with a timer that we have the bottle warm at 3am for example
Back to top

amother




cornflower


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:30 am
I have a relative that uses a mini crockpot to keep the bottles warm.

I’m not sure if it’s a safe option, but figured I’d share it anyway!
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:48 am
Is this for formula or breastmilk?
Back to top

SisterSix




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:33 pm
Think about the milk that you drink - would you really want to drink it after it was warm for a few hours?
Back to top

clowny




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:06 pm
Let me clarify. I’m talking about a formula bottle. So I would like to keep the water warm and just add the formula when baby wakes up.
Back to top

clowny




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:08 pm
amother wrote:
The milk will spoil probably.
What you can do is get a bottle warmer with a timer that we have the bottle warm at 3am for example


First I’ll have to teach my baby to wake up every night at the same time Very Happy
Then I’ll think about this option.
Back to top

amother




Aqua


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:08 pm
clowny wrote:
Let me clarify. I’m talking about a formula bottle. So I would like to keep the water warm and just add the formula when baby wakes up.



Oooh.
Maybe keep a small percolator or hot water thermos near your bed?
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:10 pm
clowny wrote:
Let me clarify. I’m talking about a formula bottle. So I would like to keep the water warm and just add the formula when baby wakes up.

I keep my percolator on and have hot water. It takes less than two minutes to prepare the baby's bottle at 3 am. It's the only thing that really works for me. In a six ounce bottle I put two ounces boiling water and four ounces room temperature water . Add the three scoops of formula and voila .
Back to top

Fabulous




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:18 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I keep my percolator on and have hot water. It takes less than two minutes to prepare the baby's bottle at 3 am. It's the only thing that really works for me. In a six ounce bottle I put two ounces boiling water and four ounces room temperature water . Add the three scoops of formula and voila .


Yup that’s what I do when I have formula to do: keep bottles filled with water from percolater most of the way and just add a bit more to make it warmer and then add the powder
Back to top

pesek zman




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:43 pm
First trick is not getting baby used to warm bottles. Room temperature is the way to go. If baby is young you can still teach her
Back to top

EMEN




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:44 pm
I keep a thermos, bottles half filled with water, and a formula dispenser near my bed. Bottle is ready in seconds.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam


Post  Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:45 pm
Wrap the bottles of boiling water in towels and when baby wakes up the water will be warm.. just add formula

I almost burned down my house with a bottle warmer.... my pillow caught on fire from it ... I wouldn’t recommend after my experience
Back to top

clowny




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:19 am
pesek zman wrote:
First trick is not getting baby used to warm bottles. Room temperature is the way to go. If baby is young you can still teach her


Try drinking a room temperature coffee in the morning...

It feels much better to give a baby a nice n warm bottle. I feel bad giving room temperature

So now I use a thermos. It’s ok. I was just wondering if there’s anything more convenient.
I guess not.
Back to top

essie14




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jan 01 2019, 10:11 am
pesek zman wrote:
First trick is not getting baby used to warm bottles. Room temperature is the way to go. If baby is young you can still teach her

Yup, this was the best advice I got from more experienced moms. My baby got room temp bottles from the beginning. How do you warm bottles when you're out and about?
Back to top

pesek zman




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jan 01 2019, 10:16 am
clowny wrote:
Try drinking a room temperature coffee in the morning...

It feels much better to give a baby a nice n warm bottle. I feel bad giving room temperature

So now I use a thermos. It’s ok. I was just wondering if there’s anything more convenient.
I guess not.


Not a good analogy since formula tastes like dreck anyway. Warm, cold: newborns don't care.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Kiinde bottle system 2 Mon, Mar 04 2019, 9:40 pm View last post
Model in a bottle
by tweety1
4 Sun, Feb 10 2019, 1:23 am View last post
Bottle feeding help please!!
by amother
11 Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:49 pm View last post
My toddler keeps biting holes in his bottle nipples!
by amother
10 Sat, Dec 15 2018, 11:44 am View last post
How did you get rid of the bottle calmly???
by amother
8 Sun, Oct 07 2018, 9:55 am View last post

Jump to: