Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Online degree while living in israel

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 11:57 pm
Has anyone pursued an online degree from an institution in the US while living in Israel? Did you finish your degree and was it accepted in Israel? I’m currently studying my BA online, but I’m starting to worry that it won’t be accepted. The school is listed on chea.org as an accredited institution, is that enough for it be accepted? Every class has final exams and midterms taken online with a proctor.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:50 am
Bump

Teomima

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 1:01 am
From misrad hachnuch's website:
הכרה במוסדות
לשם קבלת מידע על מוסדות אקדמיים בחו''ל המוכרים בארצם יש לשלוח בקשה לפקס מס' 02-5601436 או במייל diplomot@education.gov.il . הבקשה (בכתב ברור) צריכה לכלול שם פרטי ומשפחה של הפונה וכתובתו המלאה, שמו המלא וכתובתו בחו''ל של המוסד (בלועזית), התואר, ההתמחות ואופן ביצוע הלימודים (התכתבות, פרונטלי וכו')

התשובה הרשמית תישלח בדואר בלבד
ישנה הגבלה של עד 3 מוסדות לפונה אחד
לקבלת מידע עדכני ושוטף בדבר קיומו של רישיון פעולה לשלוחת מוסד אקדמי מחו''ל בארץ יש לפנות למועצה להשכלה גבוהה www.che.org.il

ProudMommie

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 6:47 am
pretty obnoxious to think that everyone can understand the above. Anyway, here is a google translate version

Recognition of institutions
To receive information about foreign academic institutions that are recognized in their country, send an application to fax no. 02-5601436 or email diplomot@education.gov.il. The application (in clear writing) should include the applicant's first and last name, his full address, the full name and address of the institution abroad, the degree, specialization and manner of conducting the studies (correspondence, frontal etc.)

The official reply will be sent by mail only
There is a limit of up to 3 institutions for one applicant
For current and ongoing information regarding the existence of an operating license for a foreign academic institution in Israel, please contact the Council for Higher Education www.che.org.il

Teomima

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 7:10 am
ProudMommie wrote:
pretty obnoxious to think that everyone can understand the above. Anyway, here is a google translate version

Recognition of institutions
To receive information about foreign academic institutions that are recognized in their country, send an application to fax no. 02-5601436 or email diplomot@education.gov.il. The application (in clear writing) should include the applicant's first and last name, his full address, the full name and address of the institution abroad, the degree, specialization and manner of conducting the studies (correspondence, frontal etc.)

The official reply will be sent by mail only
There is a limit of up to 3 institutions for one applicant
For current and ongoing information regarding the existence of an operating license for a foreign academic institution in Israel, please contact the Council for Higher Education www.che.org.il

Thank you for the translation but there was no reason to so rudely accuse me of being obnoxious. The OP question was Israel related, thus a response in Hebrew was not totally uncalled for (some could say it's obnoxious to live in Israel and not learn the native tongue). If she or anyone had trouble understating or difficulty in using Google translate, I'd have been happy to help.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 7:55 am
Thanks teomima, it helped me a lot I sent them an email right away. Because it’s Israel and knowing things like this take awhile I was also hoping someone who has btdt would share their experience. Such as if your degree was rejected and why, or if the process was straightforward and the degree was accepted easily... I’m almost done my degree now and it will be devastating to find out it isn’t accepted here.

Rappel

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:37 pm
Many people here do online courses from the Open University, so I know that's alright.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:46 pm
What is you’re degree in? Misrad hachinuch certifies for example, speech therapists and can have one policy, while misrad habriut certifies physical therapists and can have a totally different policy.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:35 pm
amother wrote:
What is you’re degree in? Misrad hachinuch certifies for example, speech therapists and can have one policy, while misrad habriut certifies physical therapists and can have a totally different policy.

Business

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:03 pm
ProudMommie wrote:
pretty obnoxious to think that everyone can understand the above.
Really Proudmommie, that was extremely uncalled for. If someone cant understand it, all they would have had to do was to ask the poster to explain what was written. No need to be rude. Really.
And I think it is a very fair assumption to assume that someone living in Israel knows hebrew.

Teomima

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:51 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks teomima, it helped me a lot I sent them an email right away. Because it’s Israel and knowing things like this take awhile I was also hoping someone who has btdt would share their experience. Such as if your degree was rejected and why, or if the process was straightforward and the degree was accepted easily... I’m almost done my degree now and it will be devastating to find out it isn’t accepted here.

I hope they respond soon. I'm sorry I can't help you further. Personally I have a degree from a US university I attended in person (not online) that I never bothered getting it officially recognized by Misrad Hachinuch and so far it hasn't caused me any issues with employment in Israel, so perhaps you don't even need to worry about getting it recognized? Though I can certainly see how it would need to get done should you be looking into higher education or perhaps an official government job, or one in medicine or education. Not sure though if it'd be that necessary for business.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 12:12 am
Teomima wrote:
I hope they respond soon. I'm sorry I can't help you further. Personally I have a degree from a US university I attended in person (not online) that I never bothered getting it officially recognized by Misrad Hachinuch and so far it hasn't caused me any issues with employment in Israel, so perhaps you don't even need to worry about getting it recognized? Though I can certainly see how it would need to get done should you be looking into higher education or perhaps an official government job, or one in medicine or education. Not sure though if it'd be that necessary for business.

Ah okay that’s reassuring. That’s what I was also wondering how important the official recognition actually is!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics