Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What keeps you going during challenging times?
1  2  Next

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 2:10 pm
We all go through many challenges in life, some bigger some smaller. What's your coping mechanism that keeps you going on a daily basis? What's your trick in keeping sane, with a smile on your face?
I'm going through some real big challenges now and fighting to keep on going despite my circumstances.
This thread is created to be mechazek myself and many others.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 2:30 pm
I'm a BT and didn't always believe in GD, and honestly I believe that GD kept me going through the hard times even though I didn't have a belief to comfort me.

Now that I'm a mother, my sense of responsibility to my daughter keeps me going. I know that if chas ve Shalom I were to die/disappear that it would really hurt her, and I can't bear the thought.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 2:40 pm
Reading The Garden of Emunah changed my life.

Learning how to daven in my own words, to express gratitude, to ask for my needs, and to praise Hashem for all His goodness.

In the depths of depression, I daven to get through the day just a few minutes at a time, and try to have faith that the next day will be better - even if only a little bit better.

Repeating to myself that salvation can come in the blink of an eye, and you never know what Hashem has in store for you.

Even when things seem really bad, remember that "this too is for your good". You may have no idea why things are happening, and you may not even know until 120, but you need to have faith that Hashem is Good and does Good. It's all from Hashem.

This is a great resource: https://www.breslev.co.il/askt.....y=148

Surrendered

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 3:00 pm
I surrender to Hashem's will and take one moment at a time.
Listening to Shiurim and reading up on Emuna and Bitochon.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 3:01 pm
I take a stress relief/mood enhancer vitamin daily.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 3:02 pm
I try and think back to other challenging times and remind myself that I got through those and I will get through this one too.

Surrendered

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 3:04 pm
Wow that's a powerful point!!!

Surrendered

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 3:07 pm
Frummie, impressive.

Same author, R'Shulem Arush gave out a beautiful book, Say Thank You and See Miracles.

mha3484

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 3:09 pm
There is this great video on social media and the woman talking tells you to add the words Right Now to any sentence that describes your challenges. It totally changes your perspective.

Zehava

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 3:38 pm
Knowing that this is a bump in the cycle of life. Sometimes things are smooth and sometimes challenging but I can get through this just like I’ve gotten through everything else.

Bitachon123

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 3:55 pm
Honestly, I bought the book 'Man's Search for meaning'', by Viktor Frankl, during a difficult time, and have read it many times since. It has never failed to lift me up in times of need! I highly recommend!

A few favorite quotes:

“But there was no need to be ashamed of tears, for tears bore witness that a man had the greatest of courage, the courage to suffer.”

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”

“Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.”

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 4:28 pm
Singing lively, energetic, upbeat, defiant, optimistic Broadway show tunes and other positive-mood songs, the louder the better. I also take melancholy, self-pitying songs and change the words 180 degrees. "I can't believe you're gone, my life is over" becomes "I'm tickled pink you're gone, life's just beginning." It's silly but it works for me.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 4:36 pm
We have had huge challenges in recent years. In each challenge we talked about the best way forward tried to function as best as we could, gave love and support to each other, davened and said Tehillim etc.
Just to give an example when a young member of family was extremely ill even stopped breathing and had to be shocked, we feared the worst and stayed with each other in hospital at this very difficult time.
Chasdei Hashem that is now history and the child is well.

I sympathize with you that you are going through a rough time and hope your Yeshuoh will come soon. Keep strong and look after yourself.

Vintage

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 4:52 pm
I remind myself that big changes don't come so easy and that Hashem has something
big for me to learn in a painful situation. The "big something" is probably a bigger, better me that I just can't see through the pain. So I try to get quiet with myself and focus on the most important things in my life. Then I start saying thanks for every single thing that is going on and that is one thing that really turns my world around and helps in feeling better.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 5:00 pm
amother wrote:
We all go through many challenges in life, some bigger some smaller. What's your coping mechanism that keeps you going on a daily basis? What's your trick in keeping sane, with a smile on your face?
I'm going through some real big challenges now and fighting to keep on going despite my circumstances.
This thread is created to be mechazek myself and many others.

Having emunah, staying close to H-Shem, being hopeful, knowing He can turn things around in the blink of an eye. May you see that quickly.

tweek

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 6:07 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Reading The Garden of Emunah changed my life.

Learning how to daven in my own words, to express gratitude, to ask for my needs, and to praise Hashem for all His goodness.

In the depths of depression, I daven to get through the day just a few minutes at a time, and try to have faith that the next day will be better - even if only a little bit better.

Repeating to myself that salvation can come in the blink of an eye, and you never know what Hashem has in store for you.

Even when things seem really bad, remember that "this too is for your good". You may have no idea why things are happening, and you may not even know until 120, but you need to have faith that Hashem is Good and does Good. It's all from Hashem.

This is a great resource: https://www.breslev.co.il/askt.....y=148

This is why I wrote that I admire you in that other thread!!

OP, I wish you strength. For me too, being mechazek my emunah helps keep me ok.

Surrendered

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 7:58 pm
Listening to shiurim on Emunah and taking stress relief supplement.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:01 pm
Definitely emunah. But when things look so bleak, like I had today, the only thing that helped me is to think that really I'm in this world just to see how I will REACT to whatever situation I'm in. So for a moment ( and another moment, and another.) I felt myself "reacting" pretty nicely. And then through thinking this way, I felt the cloud lift.

Basically the fact that I didn't know where I'll have the next dollar from, the fact that I don't know how I will have a roof over my head and some other serious problems that I can't find a solution for yet, all vanished once I thought thought way.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:08 pm
Remembering other times where Hashem has helped me. I remember how worried I was and how difficult it was then. Then I remember how I felt seeing as Hashem took care of me then, how I was being carried through it. The same is happening now.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:26 pm
I focus hard to take it day by day or even hour by hour. If I start thinking of the future or how long things could take I get very overwhelmed..
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational