Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What has your child "invented" lately?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:37 pm
I'm intending this to be a light-hearted thread. It's amother enabled because when we think our children are geniuses we tend to tell people about their ingenious ideas and I wouldn't want Imamothers to be afraid of outing themselves by posting.

So, what brilliant ideas have your children come up with? Did they solve a vexing problem or invent a product that you think would be amazing?

I'll start with one idea below. Amother for exactly the reason I mentioned above.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:41 pm
Our baby makes a huge mess every meal, with food flying everywhere. She refuses to let anyone feed her and let's just say that not all the food we put on her tray makes it to her mouth. The end of a meal finds me down on my hands and knees picking up bits of food across half the kitchen (she has a good throwing arm!). Our oldest child suggested the other day that someone should invent a force field that catches dropped or thrown food and bounces it back onto the tray of the high chair. It would also be useful for dropped sippy cups and untensils.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 1:42 am
I love the force field idea and I wish this weren't an amother thread! So much more fun when we can "shep nachas" together.

My DD (8) was eyeing my credit card that I left lying around, and said that when she's a teacher she'll make "read-it" cards for her class library (past tense read) Idea
I wish I could remember the other things. There was even something just a couple of days ago involving velcro... but it's slipping my mind.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 11:58 pm
My preschooler had a great idea today and I remembered this thread. She decided that we should have self-buckling car seats so that Mommies don't have to climb into the back of the van to get everyone buckled in or spend the time buckling everyone in one by one.

dankbar

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 2:39 am
Well my kids invent stuff all the time. They create offices, houses & closets out of cardboard carton boxes. Now they're onto a new shtick creating homes in every corner of house with schlepping all their stuff like pillow, blankets, rugs etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics