Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Vacuum cleaner

kugelzlady

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:54 am
Hi! I’m in the market for a new vacuum cleaner and would love to hear any recommendations if you have one you love (or don’t!). I vacuum at least once a day becuase my entire apartment is carpeted besides for the kitchen and bathroom. My biggest requirement is that it can pick up cheerio-size pieces on the first try! Smile Lightweight would also be nice. Curious if people have cordless ones and LOVE them. Don’t want to spend $500 but could spend up to the $200 range for something that will work well and last a while.

srbmom

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:57 am
I have an older version of this one and love it!!!
https://www.target.com/p/shark.....w_wcB
After vacuuming my entire house (over 1500sq ft of carpet) my hand does hurt a little - because your basically holding all the weight of the vacuum in that one hand. But it doesn't bother me enough to be unhappy with it.

Last edited by srbmom on Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:57 am
I have a hand-held Dyson. I love it. It is guaranteed for life, and I have successfully sent it free-of-charge for repairs twice over the 4-5 years I've owned it. But I paid closer to 350$.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 10:53 am
srbmom wrote:
I have an older version of this one and love it!!!
https://www.target.com/p/shark.....w_wcB
After vacuuming my entire house (over 1500sq ft of carpet) my hand does hurt a little - because your basically holding all the weight of the vacuum in that one hand. But it doesn't bother me enough to be unhappy with it.

What do you like about it it. She's asking for a vaccine for carpet this looks like for her floors?
Does it have a strong suction can it clean dust under beds,corners and vents,ceiling,

srbmom

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 11:22 am
This is from the description of the vacuum --
"It's the ultimate cleaning tool when it comes to vacuuming; from your carpets, blankets & even hard floors the Shark Rocket does it all!"

It has seperate attachments for carpet and floor. I use it for my entire house - carpet and hard floors. It picks up everything. I am always amazed at how clean my floors feel each time I use it.

For reference: I've had it for about 14 months, use it 2-3 times a week

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 11:42 am
I have the Shark Navigator for a little over a year now and I love it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

I have carpeting in most of my house (bedrooms, stairs, living room, family room, hallways), and I vacuum often. I like that it seems to suck up the dirt, and has no bags - you simply empty the canister into the garbage when it's full. It's pretty lightweight too, so I think it would meet the requirements you mention.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 12:54 pm
What about those robot disk vacuums. I am thinking of getting them. You can program them to vacuum your house daily. They avoid falling down steps and clean under the furniture. They have several highly rated ones in your price range.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:31 pm
I LOVE my roomba. Bought it on sale at Costco. Bought another one for my upstairs.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:28 pm
Shark Navigator Lift Away...can be used upright or like a lightweight canister...never have to replace parts (have had mine for 4 years)...HEPA filtering, bagless, my kids can use it, has multiple attachments, great suction, great warranty...

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:33 pm
I love my new handheld dyson. I just got it because there was a great deal on Black Friday. I have a roomba too but almost never use it, it freaks out the kids.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:
I LOVE my roomba. Bought it on sale at Costco. Bought another one for my upstairs.

Do you have anymore info on which model?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry