Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Bought a Tori at the sale today... feeling mad at myself
1  2  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:00 pm
I waited in line for two hours today, to buy a Tori. And I did, I was so happy I actually found one. It fits great and the hair is stunning. But its to dark, way to dark. Does it make sense to fully dye a brand new beautiful hair shaitel? Secondly I feel like an idiot, its a lob. I should have got a long one for the same price. Any advice (mostly on the color) or where I could sell it?

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:04 pm
you can put highlights.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:05 pm
amother wrote:
I waited in line for two hours today, to buy a Tori. And I did, I was so happy I actually found one. It fits great and the hair is stunning. But its to dark, way to dark. Does it make sense to fully dye a brand new beautiful hair shaitel? Secondly I feel like an idiot, its a lob. I should have got a long one for the same price. Any advice (mostly on the color) or where I could sell it?

Of course!
I'm blonde. For blondes, you usually have to dye the wig. A little rooting, a little highlights, blah blah. I know my sister who's a brunette colors her new wigs, too. Unless it's a custom wig, the color usually needs to be adjusted to make it perfect for u!
(Dyeing it too much does have an effect on the hair, but that's not what your doing.)

If you really want to sell it, doppleganger wigs can sell it for u.

Congrats on the new purchase and wear it in good health.

octopus

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:08 pm
What's a lob?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:14 pm
octopus wrote:
What's a lob?

Long bob

nchr

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:19 pm
You may be able to sell it here and get your money back. Post the color, size and length.
If it just needs highlights but the base is good, then highlights make sense. You have to consider the cost of dying and cutting it.

syrima

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:19 pm
I saw the crazy line and said fuggedaboudit!
But I am on the market for a shorter dark sheitel, why don't you post a picture of it and see if anyone is interested ?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:21 pm
thanks for the replies. Doesn't it ruin the hair to make something totally lighter? I think the base is to dark. I will post a pic soon syrima.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:25 pm
highlights don't ruin a wig. I had mine highlighted when I bought it. 2+ years later it still looks fab

nchr

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:25 pm
amother wrote:
thanks for the replies. Doesn't it ruin the hair to make something totally lighter? I think the base is to dark. I will post a pic soon syrima.

Not necessarily. It will need to be treated with something like Olaplex in the dye. If the entire color is off you may just never be happy anyways. You can do a consult with someone who dyes shaitels.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:

Going from darker to lighter compromises on the hairs quality as bleach dries out hair. It can be done but hair won’t be the same

mlc

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:45 pm
nchr wrote:
Not necessarily. It will need to be treated with something like Olaplex in the dye. If the entire color is off you may just never be happy anyways. You can do a consult with someone who dyes shaitels.

I’ve had that done more than once, regretted it in the long run every time . The hair lost life pretty soon after , and they were high end wigs in great condition prior

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:57 pm
post a photo,maybe one of us that couldnt make it to the sale would buy it..

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:58 pm
post a photo,maybe one of us that couldnt make it to the sale would buy it..

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:58 pm
If you PM the details perhaps I would buy from you. Didnt make it to the sale.

mlc

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:05 pm
Can you post or dm a pic? Maybe I’d buy off you for my mom

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:08 pm
You may end up liking the cut. Show it to a few friends and DH. There was something you like about it.

I hated my last sheital until I got compliments. Get some other opinions.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:34 pm
amother wrote:
You may end up liking the cut. Show it to a few friends and DH. There was something you like about it.

I hated my last sheital until I got compliments. Get some other opinions.

Good point!!!! Never know!

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 10:12 pm
I'm a sheitel macher ... I may be wrong but I'm getting the feeling u bought it under pressure and now your having major buyers remorse. Before dumping money into coloring it and compromising the hair, I'd try and sell it . Rather get it off your hands and get your money back because who's to say if u add another $200 to color it you'll ever see that money again ...

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 10:36 pm
Can anyone enlighten me about this sale? Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics