Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Alderfers Organic Eggs Controversy - Why Amish Eggs Instead?

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 3:00 pm
I thought I was serving my family nutritious organic eggs until I heard alderfers eggs are not a good option. Would anyone know why people avoid those eggs and instead import eggs from Amish town?

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 3:50 pm
The Amish ones are a higher quality, Aldefer are still way higher quality than conventional ones. Buy one box of each and compare, you will see.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 4:06 pm
amother wrote:
The Amish ones are a higher quality, Aldefer are still way higher quality than conventional ones. Buy one box of each and compare, you will see.

Thank you for your response. Is it just nutritionwise? Amish being better quality, or alderfers not being so pure? Like vaccines

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 4:07 pm
amother wrote:

Also, where do get your Amish eggs? Do you have any contact info?

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 4:17 pm
Do you have an issue with blood spots? I once bought a few dozen eggs from an Amish farm and at least 1/2 had blood spots.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 4:27 pm
amother wrote:
Do you have an issue with blood spots? I once bought a few dozen eggs from an Amish farm and at least 1/2 had blood spots.

Hmm..is it known that those generally have more bloodspots? Are they brown eggs?

In either case I would first take the info where to get them. I'd like to try. Do you still have their number?

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 5:55 pm
Its because of what the chickens eat and how they live. There is a frum company that boxes and sells the Amish ones, not sure how but no blood spots, probably from a farm without roosters or very careful to keep roosters away, not sure where to get them now. They cost a lot more, you can easily see and taste the difference.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 8:08 pm
amother wrote:
Its because of what the chickens eat and how they live. There is a frum company that boxes and sells the Amish ones, not sure how but no blood spots, probably from a farm without roosters or very careful to keep roosters away, not sure where to get them now. They cost a lot more, you can easily see and taste the difference.

So I guess it's not just about the hens eating organics? Organic grass/seeds or whatever they eat isn't nutritious enough?

nyc123

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:

Those probably weren’t blood spots! They most likely were protein spots which are much more common especially in brown eggs. So many people don’t realize this and all these great quality organic eggs go to waste because of people misinformed about Halacha Sad

https://oukosher.org/blog/kosh.....pots/

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 8:47 pm
Are alderders eggs radiated and Amish ones not? Is that the reason ppl choose Amish? And is that the reason Amish have more bloodspots?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics