Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
X-mas bonus for Philipino Nanny

amother

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 1:09 pm
Hi,

I just recently sponsored a full time nanny and wanted to give her a X-mas bonus. She's been with me for 8 months, just wondering what most people give. I'm planning to give $100 (cash) plus a gift. Any thoughts?

nicole81

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 1:14 pm
I think I gave my daughter's babysitter $150 and she had only been with us for 4 months.

momo2boys

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 1:16 pm
$100 "plus" a gift sounds fine

Lani22

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 1:18 pm
one weeks salary.

Racheli

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 1:28 pm
In the NY area, I think one week's salary is the standard minimum.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 3:22 pm
I don't have a nanny, but I give my cleaning woman (who comes every other week) one week's salary. That's pretty standard for nannies, cleaning women, etc.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 3:46 pm
just curious, has anyone else here heard of a halachic issue with giving a x-mas bonus/present? I have heard it's better to give an "end of year" gift or something that does not specifically celebrate the holiday.

Lani22

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 3:53 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
just curious, has anyone else here heard of a halachic issue with giving a x-mas bonus/present? I have heard it's better to give an "end of year" gift or something that does not specifically celebrate the holiday.

What diffrence does it make? just hand her an envelope with bonus and say happy new yr instead of happy holidays.....

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 4:06 pm
you're asking me? the only difference I can see is between saying "merry x-mas" and "happy new year." Smile it's something I've heard of and was wondering if anyone has heard the same...

cassandra

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 4:10 pm
one week is the minimum standard, I usually give two weeks salary as a bonus.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 4:43 pm
mummiedearest wrote:

I had a boss who didn't give end-of-year bonuses because he was Jewish. He was married to a non-Jew and wasn't particularly Jewish except in name, but he conveniently became Jewish when it came to bonus time.

cassandra

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 4:56 pm
Yes, and my dh reaps the benefit of end of the year bonuses, so I feel as though I should spread the wealth...

Clarissa

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 4:59 pm
cassandra wrote:
Yes, and my dh reaps the benefit of end of the year bonuses, so I feel as though I should spread the wealth...

You're so lucky. My husband doesn't get a bonus. And I doubt my kids are going to give me one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics