Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What Does Your Toddler Eat For Supper??
Previous  1  2

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 7:33 pm
DREAMING wrote:
Do you allow fruits or veggies later if she's hungry?
I have similar rule but do allow veggies or fruits (I do try to get them to eat at least the protein.)

I suppose I would but honestly there’s usually only 1 hour (by the time we finish dinner) to bedtime so there’s not much time for her to get hungry later

dankbar

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 2:25 am
Do you mean that she's starting on solids now?
Soft foods are good to start with baby cereal, jars, applesauce, Gerber puffs, chicken soup with mashed veg, banana, avocado, mashed potatoes, veg soups, soft rice/farfel. Potato kugel. Yogurts, cheese latkes. Finger foods like snackers, corn pops,

Beware Franks can be choking hazard

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 9:24 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
My two and a half year old eats just about everything, and I think my lucky stars every day, becasue the rest of my kids don’t.
Pickiness can be taught, but it’s also inborn. There are people who just don’t like things. You can try a million different times, a million different ways, but if a kid doesn’t like something they just don’t like something.

I agree to a certain extent. My MIL cooked the same four things throughout raising her kids. Most of them are extremely reluctant to try new things and in general only like those items and one only eats meatballs (literally). The only one who really has an expanded pallet is my youngest BIL and SIL because my mil says, when they were growing up my FIL opened his restaurant and they got tastes of different foods.

DH is extremely reluctant to try anything new thanks to all this. (Like pasta and cheese- because he grew up with pasta and tomato sauce only...)

I grew up with a lot of different foods and I am a good eater but I will never eat chicken on a bone and tuna fish and burgers even though I was served that a young child. There were many nights I’d make myself a cheese toast growing up....

To answer OP, if dinner isn’t ready I feed my DS omelettes with cheese, cheese toast, oatmeal, cereal.

If it is he’ll eat- soup, meatball, pasta, any chicken cutlets... pretty much anything BH.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics