Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Davening for twins vs dreading twins
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:43 am
Thanks! Maybe it’s a good sign? Def twin girls, I have Irish twins, boys. Jk abi gezint! Had 5 hospital births, 2 were ok, 3 disasters. I get to the hospital uncomfortable but very manageable. The second I lay down in that bed the pain shoots up to 10! I Wonder if I’ll be brave enough to do homebirth with a birthing pool. That’s the only thing I can imagine can take off the edge of the pain after getting used to epidural. Anyway, with the other thread going strong about how dangerous it is, I could use some help. What was your experience, how did you manage the pain. I asked my husband if he’s ok with it, he said sure now that your not pregnant LOL

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:55 am
My husband was only okay with it after meeting my first midwife, an incredible woman, not Jewish, but with tremendous bitachon and Yiras Hashem! She was also very experienced and had seen all of the complications firsthand. My husband also appreciated how much calmer I was after the home births.

I used a bunch of tricks to manage pain - some of being able to manage the pain was just knowing that I had so many options to try, so the pain didn't feel scary or overwhelming. Birthing pool was the best (although I had a water birth in the hospital once too, that's not limited to home). I switch positions, shower, rock, moan, effleurage, give myself positive talk, get hip squeezes, etc. Most of my births were on hands and knees, I also find lying down one of the most painful positions.

For me it's easier when I can focus on the birth, and I find the hospital very distracting because I don't feel safe having to be on guard for "protocol". My good hospital birth was in a place that had very few protocols to begin with.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 9:56 pm
Thanks,

Valuable info. Don’t know where you are located, Do you know hospitals in NY where that do water births
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more