Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Did your toddler go straight from convertible to booster?

Did your toddler fit in convertible carseat until ready for booster?
yes, and the convertible seat went up to 40lbs  
 50%  [ 1 ]
yes, and the convertible seat went up to 65/80lbs  
 50%  [ 1 ]
no, we had to buy a second toddler carseat  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

anon

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 3:18 pm
I'm looking to buy a convertible carseat now. I don't want to have to buy a second toddler carseat before DS is ready for a booster. Most convertible carseats fit children forward-facing up until 40lbs, but a few go up to 65 or even 80lbs. I heard that some children outgrow their convertible carseat (up to 40lbs) before they are ready for their booster.

So basically, I want to know if I should make an effort to buy a carseat that goes up until 65lbs (which is generally more expensive and larger/bulkier) or if 40lbs is enough.

Thanks!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 3:24 pm
The longer they are in the harness the better.
What I did was put my son in convertible till 30 lbs. (just in the past couple weeks), and then handed that seat over to my baby and got him a combination car seat which is FF from 22 or 30 lbs. (depending on the brand) and then when they outgrow the harness, it works as a high-back booster.

I don't know your family dynamics at all, but because we had a couple children close in age and we think we will IY"H get a lot of use out of them, it was worth it to buy one of each stage...

I put rear-facing the longest possible, so a car seat that goes till 35 lbs. rear-facing is good (and I wish I had found one in my budget when I bought one for my toddler). For convertible, if you aren't getting Britax my m-i-l suggests the Evenflo Triumph round I think.

anon

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 3:50 pm
HY, thanks for the reply.

Why does your MIL recommend the Evenflo Triumph?

And I'm not sure what the "round" is. There's a few different types of Evenflo Trimph's, but none of them say anything about "round". Or do you mean "convertible" when you say "round"?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 4:12 pm
(I also didn't know what she meant by round...I'm just writing what she told me...but I didn't end up getting another convertible so I didn't look into it.)
She's a certified car seat installer, and she thinks this is the best value for the money -- is rear facing long enough and easy to install in most vehicles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics