Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Bnos Orchos Chaim General studies yedios klaliyo s

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 9:42 pm
I heard that Bnos Orchos Chaim in Lakewood has ask amazing curriculum and program, teaching basic general studies information (science, social studies...) with songs and contests.

If you're familiar with it, can you let me know your opinion of the program? How do your daughters enjoy it? Are they really learning lots of general knowledge?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 10:21 pm
I’d be more curious it if it sticks.
Last year my daughter (in a different school ) could name all the presidents in order with little effort . A year later she has forgotten it.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 10:32 pm
My dd, also in a different school, knows yedios klaliyos perfectly, as long as she can remember the tune they learned it in. If she forgets the tune, she knows nothing.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 10:43 pm
I remember a ton of general knowledge from elementary school because of songs. I'm sure some people are more likely than others to retain those memories, but I literally remember every song we learned in every grade. I'm so appreciative that my school made a point of teaching it that way.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:15 am
My daughter is in one of the lower grades in BOC , and while I can't answer your specific questions, I can tell you that she is taught a huge amount by fantastic enthusiastic teachers..

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:17 am
OP here. I also remember all yediyos klaliyos from elementary school songs.
That's why BOC's general knowledge program sounded so good!
It's love for my kids to know all about the world, the body, etc...

To the amother at BOC, what is your daughter learning in limudei kodesh that impressed you the most? Kriyah skills, chumash teitch, Hebrew, writing...?
What in limudei chol impressed you most? Writing skills? Math? Science? Social studies? Reading decoding and comprehension?

Asking as a mother and teacher, not in Lakewood.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:16 pm
I'm impressed with the way she effortlessly learned Hebrew through different ways. My daughter is very bright and dislikes the tedium of writing etc. However, I find the curriculum very stimulating for her. Generally they seem to cover many areas using different modalities in one day. She hasn't started Chumash yet but they do kriyah very thoroughly. She always complained how boring she found this, but her teachers know her very well (another great thing..) and take her needs into account.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:21 pm
Wow! So nice to hear a happy parent!

What do you mean she learned Hebrew effortlessly?
Random word- kova, me'il, magafayim, geshem,
Or can she really understand Hebrew and speak in full sentences?I

If it's the latter, I am really impressed!

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:28 pm
She can speak in short sentences. Even more impressive is the way they taught dikduk. Her Chanukah booklet was full off songs and chants which were clever games to teach the dikduk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics