Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What’s the most you make without a degree
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:07 am
I have no degree. Mid 40s female living in Brooklyn. Just switched jobs to an office managerial position in a big company and will be getting 60,000 plus family insurance
I’m wondering how much is the most you make without a degree or owning your own business
Can you share what work you do and how much you make per year? I hear amazon sellers can make a lot of money

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:19 am
My experience as a recruiter is that its hard to get past the 60k mark without a degree or other very highly specialized experience.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:22 am
The sky is the limit. (Amazon sellers are business owners).

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:23 am
I know someone, mid 40s, earns on Amazon about 100k .

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:24 am
amother wrote:
I have no degree. Mid 40s female living in Brooklyn. Just switched jobs to an office managerial position in a big company and will be getting 60,000 plus family insurance
I’m wondering how much is the most you make without a degree or owning your own business
Can you share what work you do and how much you make per year? I hear amazon sellers can make a lot of money

The Sky's the limit

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:51 am
110k. I'm a programmer with no degree.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:51 am
I know the sky’s the limit but wondering which specific jobs and people make the most.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:54 am
I think this question lends itself to exactly the kind of answers you ate getting. Namely, the sky is the limit. While this is certainly technically true, all studies show that people with degrees on average make more than people without degrees. Of course we all have a cousin Berel who has a best friend Chaim, who has a neighbor Yankel who makes 5 million a year and didn't graduate 8th grade and can speak 8 words of English. That aside, it definitely opens lots of doors if one has a degree. Look at all the thousands of you woman in their 20's and low 30"s that are doing seit, speech, or, and pt earning $65+ per hour. Many of their peers without degrees have secratary or other low paying jobs of $20 an hour or less. Ladies, don't be misled by the responses here. Degrees are important.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
I know the sky’s the limit but wondering which specific jobs and people make the most.

Enterprising people make the most - that's true of employees and business owners.

Make Value. Add Value.

Right now - computer programmers (of various sorts are in demand).

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:

Management and operations. No degree. Salary is 150k. Health insurance and built in bonus as well.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:01 pm
My husband has no college degree and makes well over 200k. Hard work and a bit of luck. Almost all our friends are doing ok many without degrees.

A bit of luck hard work and the ability to learn quickly and manage relationships is more important than degree.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:38 pm
Self taught graphic designer. 90k

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 1:29 pm
Family health insurance is worth a lot. That, plus 60k, sounds great! Good for you for getting there. I have a master's degree in a health care and I don't make that much Sad

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
Self taught graphic designer. 90k

What type of graphic design do you do?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 1:50 pm
amother wrote:
110k. I'm a programmer with no degree.

how did you get your job and your experience> did you take other classes>
I hope you respond, because my ds is right now trying to plan for his future. He is thinking of taking a degree in IT/cyber security/networking/prgoramming. But he is wondering if he actually needs a degree.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
how did you get your job and your experience> did you take other classes>
I hope you respond, because my ds is right now trying to plan for his future. He is thinking of taking a degree in IT/cyber security/networking/prgoramming. But he is wondering if he actually needs a degree.

Not op but my husband is in the IT field its mostly the experience that counts he can take some courses to get started. My husband did that. When he was looking to switch jobs from his 1st begginer job they were basically looking at all his experience...

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 1:59 pm
Another thing to consider before taking the non degree route is that many successful non degree people got their jobs thru family or connections. My cousin has a successful family business and hires several family members. Also some families simply have connections and know the right people. It is important to consider if this type of scenario is available to you or not.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 2:17 pm
200k - amazon

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 2:24 pm
Dh makes 150k no degree.
Most of my family has no degree and makes nice money.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 2:28 pm
I think people who go ahead and get the IT degrees do benefit from on campus recruitment and creating and maintaining relationships with professors and other students which really helps when it comes time to look for a job. For someone young its a lot easier to just get the degree especially if you have state or city colleges available and you have it a few kids later if you find you need it.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics