Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
ISO non-offensive (natural?) air freshener

seeker

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:51 am
I desperately need an air freshener at work.
At home I exclusively use essential oil diffusers. I am sensitive to smells and chemicals and especially to chemical smells so I tend to hate air fresheners and sometimes they make me feel like I can't breathe. But I don't really have a great place to plug in a diffuser at work and anyway I really don't want to spend that much on something that I can't keep safely in my own home.

Please share recommendations. It needs to be effective but not too smelly. Plug-in style is fine if it attaches straight to a wall without a cord (like a diffuser would have. I have an outlet available but it isn't near any surface)

Thanks

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:10 pm
Have you tried the ubiquitous Airwick plug in. They have a lot of different scents but I don't know if they are too chemical for you.

I got a few on amazon that were inexpensive so if anyone is crazy enough to steal one, I wouldn't be heart broken.

They plug directly into the outlet and you just need access to put the new one into it when needed. I suspect that they would work great even if they were at floor level since the scent would rise and permeate subtly.

Some of the scent possibilities seem to be just "fresh" rather than typically floral. I tend to like the warm scents with vanilla etc.

The other possibility which I haven't tried are the same idea from Bath & Body Works. They seem to have more modern interesting scents but Airwick diffusers are obviously much easier to restock from any source.

ETA - I haven't researched thoroughly but I have been reading about "smart" diffusers. Also they have those sticks that you put into decorative vases - don't know if that is possible to do at work but they would double as a nice desk tchotchke if that is feasible.

This is NOT for the office obviously unless you have a lock and it's expensive but I have been thinking about possibly gifting it to myself as a special birthday present :-).

https://www.aeraforhome.com

Rappel

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:29 pm
Baking soda?

seeker

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:29 pm
The ubiquitous plug-in is too much for me. If they have a natural version that is the same plug-in concept but with something like essential oils in it rather than the chemical goo, then I'd give that a go.

seeker

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:34 pm
What about baking soda? What would you do with it that would counteract an odorous room?

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:42 pm
http://purecitrususa.com

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 1:06 pm
I like citrus magic air refreshner. It’s not too strong and no need to plug in either. I buy a pack of 2 at Target.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 3:34 pm
Air Wick has a natural line.
Otherwise carry a small box of matches. Lighting a match diffuses the smells.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 4:04 pm
seeker wrote:
The ubiquitous plug-in is too much for me. If they have a natural version that is the same plug-in concept but with something like essential oils in it rather than the chemical goo, then I'd give that a go.

Unless it could be contained to your office, please don't. I really don't care that its an "essential oil." It would make me sick.

I use a container of gel balls in my office. The scent is very subtle after the first day (and I open it before leaving, so its dissipated by morning).

seeker

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 7:03 pm
I don't know anyone who is absolutely fine with conventional air fresheners but gets sick from essential oils. The gel balls make me gag at any age. Of course if there were an individual in my vicinity who is negatively affected by whatever I use, I hope that they would let me know so that I could make changes. But I'm not going to take a "please don't" from someone who is not likely to be anywhere nearby.

Match trick sounds interesting. Not sure if it is up to the task I need but worth a try.

momsrus

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:06 pm
I never tried it but this is marketed as natural.

https://www.amazon.com/Febreze.....SAI6I

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 3:21 pm
I thought of this thread when this email from allure arrived in my mail. Perhaps one of these essential oil diffusers would work for you. Some are specifically recommended for desks at work - and the cost for most of them are fairly minimal.

https://www.allure.com/gallery.....rs%20(1)%20remainder&bxid=MjIyNTM1NjU2NzAzS0&hasha=4e6f322347b8a2b6fb15f46e7124a972&hashb=c7c0844157ac8e4334e58161beaef65e6594fd5f&spMailingID=15046199&spUserID=MjIyNTM1NjU2NzAzS0&spJobID=1562474835&spReportId=MTU2MjQ3NDgzNQS2

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 3:48 pm
As noted in OP I do not have a surface worthy of a full size diffuser.

I've been using a febreze freshener the last couple of weeks and it's better than before but doesn't smell at all natural. I can tolerate it when I keep it only a drop open and have a fan going.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars