Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Teachers Maternity leave
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 7:03 pm
amother wrote:
Simba, you being surprised is still no reason to shame me.

I dont think she shamed you. Maybe lightly admonished. there is a difference. You are the one feeling shamed.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 7:07 pm
Amother Smokey, she said "shame on you." To me that's shaming someone.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 7:10 pm
I dont see that she said that but maybe it was edited.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 8:06 pm
I see it was edited, thank you.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 9:17 pm
I am a teacher. I think that, as someone mentioned earlier, In the US, legally the job needs to be saved for someone on maternity leave for three months.

Most come back much earlier because of lack of pay!!! Although I heard that in some states there is a percentage of salary given while on maternity leave.

I took off six weeks. Out cut tremendously into my paycheck. My mother's friend, a morah with many kinderlach, recommended I take off seven weeks. She did every week helps.

I needed the paycheck, so I went back a little shvach

If the sub ours the problem, complain to the principal.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 1:12 am
amother wrote:
But how can teachers get 4 months?
There was a teacher in my neighbors girls school that was told not to come back this year because she had a baby every 15 months and was sick most if the pregnancy. She ended up missing so much of the school year that the girls and mothers where complaining and she was let go.

South African mom here.
First of all, I don’t know about America, but here if you are fired for being pregnant you can take your employer to court. That’s discrimination. Second of all teachers take off 4 months. That’s the law. Some come back earliest at 10-11 weeks. And that’s considered early. Although the school year here is from January- December. School starts next week for the year and breaks up around 7 December usually. One of my children’s teacher has a baby last year bh. And she took leave from second week of March and came back after the July winter holidays. So she settled the class in got everything going til just a bit before pesach and came back for the last two terms of the year. Was second term (after pesach until July) a bit weaker? Maybe. But locum teacher was competent and kids liked her. Was fine.

octopus

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 6:48 am
pause wrote:
I don't agree with this at all.
\

It means when the body stops bleeding. Although that can go on and off for a while. so one mikvah doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children