Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dairy & soy free formula
Previous  1  2

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 10:05 pm
bnm wrote:
thanks for the Levana meal replacement suggestion. I'm going to check if it will work for my kid. Did you ever taste it?
No, just remember reading about. If your kid is not tube fed, what are their restrictions? Allergies?

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 10:07 pm
yes. this kid never had formula and has the most allergies. He dosen't eat enough and I'm nervous about him falling off the curve. He eats solids but no enough consistently and won't eat in the morning, only drink.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 10:12 pm
bnm wrote:
yes. this kid never had formula and has the most allergies. He dosen't eat enough and I'm nervous about him falling off the curve. He eats solids but no enough consistently and won't eat in the morning, only drink.
So the meal replacement might be a good option for you. Will he drink smoothies?

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 10:16 pm
amother wrote:
So the meal replacement might be a good option for you. Will he drink smoothies?

I think so- as long as it has a colored straw he is fine.

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 10:17 pm
amother wrote:
thanks. I actually have a sample of complete & nourish at home. the reason we are not trialing it now is because we don't think we'll get insurance to cover it anyhow.
I am going to give the kate farms peptide another go tonight on her next tube feeding & we'll take it from there.
one of the main reasons I don't want doing a homemade blenderized diet (besides the time) is because I often have nurses & I don't want them patchkening in my kitchen when prepping her food & treifing things up.
I remember the peptamin jr from when my sib was on it & I'd rather not go that route (plus we're trying to avoid the dairy, not for allergy reasons so I'm not sure if predigested will help).
I'm going to look into the elecare & nutramigen. nutritionist said no to neocate (for now).

Thanks for the responses! btw, whats the exact name of the Fb group you mentioned?

As an allergy mom, I'm curious about the bolded. Elecare has soy oil and nutramigen has hydrolyzed milk. Neocate has neither so I'm wondering why the nutritionist recommended against it?

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 10:19 pm
bnm wrote:
Yes, you can, speak to the nutritionist and all that. We didn't have a good experience doing that- my son reacted badly. The dr gave us a specific ratio and told us to work our way up slowly but he didn't tolerate it. We had to give him clear liquids for a while then start working our way up to regular infant. Our goal had been to increase calories per ounce and it backfired.

Oy, that's so tough. Some kids really give us a run for our money, no?

If it makes you feel any better, I have a 4 yr old still drinking infant formula.

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 10:22 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Oy, that's so tough. Some kids really give us a run for our money, no?

If it makes you feel any better, I have a 4 yr old still drinking infant formula.

I don't remember when he stopped formula but he was on Elacare past 4. (my posts are about 2 different sons, one was on elemental formula and never really had allergies but had other stuff going on and the 2nd one never had formula and has allergies)

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 11:20 pm
anonymrs wrote:
As an allergy mom, I'm curious about the bolded. Elecare has soy oil and nutramigen has hydrolyzed milk. Neocate has neither so I'm wondering why the nutritionist recommended against it?

Hi, OP here. sorry, haven't been on here for a while.
So, here's the thing, the nutritionist didn't recommend elecare or nutramigen. it was suggested on here & I had no clue it has soy!
It's been a crazy few weeks, so I haven't had time to do any research since.

For now we are trialing Kate farms again. we trialed it again a couple of weeks ago & she did ok. We didn't have a chance to try it again as following that she had a procedure & came down with bronchitis. So now we are b'H heading to recovery & back home with some more samples. will see how the night goes be'H!

I think nutritionist prefers a real food blend as opposed to an amino acid based formula.

Thanks again for suggestions! I'll try to keep you posted.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics