Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
A Citizen watch is way cheaper on Shnoop.com but theyre not

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:19 pm
A Citizen watch is way cheaper on Shnoop.com but theyre not an authorized dealer of Citizen, so I forfeit the 5 year Citizen warranty.

WWYD (being that watches have to work, not only look good)?

lucky14

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:41 pm
I don't know anything about that watch company or that website. I've never used a warranty on a watch before. They always last way longer then the warranty is good for. What does the warranty cover? Battery replacement? If so- how much would it cost to replace the battery on your own? What is the website like- are the reputable? If there is a problem with a product how will they deal with it and until how long will they let you replace or return a defective product?
A lot of my decision would be based on how much the watch costs. a $1000 watch I would not purchase from someone who wont cover it if something goes wrong, a much less expensive one I might if it really is significantly cheaper on the website.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 7:56 pm
lucky14 wrote:
A lot of my decision would be based on how much the watch costs. a $1000 watch I would not purchase from someone who wont cover it if something goes wrong, a much less expensive one I might if it really is significantly cheaper on the website.

The same watch costs about $75 on Shnoop and about $150 at an Authorized dealer.

I see Shnoop.com isnt that reachable. They dont answer emails within 24 hours.

Citizen is a well known company.

Otoh Im pretty good with watches.

But it could arrive damaged from Shnoop.com.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:31 pm
If you buy it on an American Express card, it should provide you with a number of protections in the event that it arrives defective or breaks down.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:58 pm
doctorima wrote:
If you buy it on an American Express card, it should provide you with a number of protections in the event that it arrives defective or breaks down.

You’re right. I totally forgot. I’m going to confirm that tomorrow to make sure there are no exceptions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics