Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Would you rather vacation or cleaning help?
1  2  3  Next

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:17 pm
Where's the poll option?

sky

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:22 pm
One time cleaning help or regular?

If regular help than 100% the help. That’s what I have and vacation doesn’t really cross my mind. Maybe in my circles no one goes so I don’t feel I need what I don’t see.

smileforamile

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:33 pm
Delete

Last edited by smileforamile on Tue, Feb 12 2019, 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

simba

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:34 pm
Do I have to choose one? Why?

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:35 pm
I also vote regular cleaning help. (One $2000 vacation equals at least 10 weeks of cleaning help 3x a week!)

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:36 pm
simba wrote:
Do I have to choose one? Why?
you don't have to, but given the choice which would u? I thought it would be a. Interesting discussion

sequoia

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:37 pm
Vacation!!!

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:15 pm
sequoia wrote:
Vacation!!!
really? Why?

Fox

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:16 pm
Cleaning help! I don't go on vacation. Sequoia goes and I follow her adventures.

sequoia

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:26 pm
ectomorph wrote:
really? Why?

Because traveling is awesome, fun, and expensive, while cleaning my little one-bedroom apartment is very easy. So if someone actually offered me this choice, I’d choose a vacation hands down!

funmother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:29 pm
Cleaning help. But if I could skip 2-3 non consecutive weeks of cleaning, and go on a cheap local getaway that would be nice too. Like a hotel stay at a nearby beach town and go to the beach with DH.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:32 pm
sequoia wrote:
Because traveling is awesome, fun, and expensive, while cleaning my little one-bedroom apartment is very easy. So if someone actually offered me this choice, I’d choose a vacation hands down!

Same! Travel makes me much happier than a perfectly clean apartment anyway. Something to plan and look forward to, change of scenery, time spent with family and memories to draw upon. I think travel makes you a more interesting and well rounded person. I think having a perfectly clean apartment makes you a person with a perfectly clean apartment.

But I could pay for a cleaning lady using points, I absolutely would! (Which is to say, most of my travel expenses are paid for by Points)

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:33 pm
ectomorph wrote:
you don't have to, but given the choice which would u? I thought it would be a. Interesting discussion

Oh, I thought I can pick one up...

icebreaker

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:42 pm
Vacation for sure.

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:39 am
Cleaning help. I only have once a week for three hours but it’s a lifesaver. It’s about 2000 for the year.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:45 am
Fox wrote:
Cleaning help! I don't go on vacation. Sequoia goes and I follow her adventures.

What about selling some handbags on consignment ? Then you could go on vacation with Sequoia! Or me! LOL

aliavi

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:46 am
chocolatecake wrote:
Cleaning help. I only have once a week for three hours but it’s a lifesaver. It’s about 2000 for the year.

$38 per week? So $10 per hour + tip? My cost is double that for 1/2 the time! I do all laundry and dishes.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 1:11 am
Vacation

But to be honest we have occasional cleaning help ( once every 8 weeks or so) and also take vacation so it’s not like I really had to choose. The benefits of vacation last longer though for me than cleaning help. Unless the cleaning help was every day. That would probably be life changing...

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 1:36 am
Ye tichellady, with a lively brood the after effects of the cleaning help doesn't last too long, before it gets messed up again.....but then it's more of a necessity as well rather than a luxury.

Traveling/vacation is an experience.....that could reboot your energy for a while, away from everyone & everything. Connect with spouse, friends or sibs.....

I wish vacation was on the agenda....

skee

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 1:40 am
Definitely cleaning help. Twice a week would probably be enough for me. I find traveling stressful. Now, if you mean a vacation from work (like time off without travel), I might go for that over cleaning help, depending on how much time off and how often.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics