Home

Which places have you visited?
Previous  1, 2, 3

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Burlywood

Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:56 pm
amother wrote:
How where what in the phillipines? Is it pretty? Scenic? Modern in any way? Any kosher/ Jewish infrastructure?

Also travelled quite a bit (not as much as some of u here tho- so cool!) pregnant with my first and husband selling his soul for a career lol. However I am keeping my bucket list alive and hoping for the best.

The Phillipines has thousands of Islands, we were on 4; El Nido and Coron (collectively Palawan) are pretty popular gorgeous beachy areas but still pretty third world like. There is now a Chabad on El Nido, but no kosher food (at least when we were there.)
Where have you been?

I'm literally in same sitch as you, pregnant with first and husband in school for next 7-8 years. I love to travel so much, but don't know how it will be feasible at all.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

pause

Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
My house
My mothers house
MIL's house
Sisters house
NJ

What's the idea of showing off with all the places you visited? Wanna boast about how wealthy you are or want others to envy you and become in bad mood because they couldn't afford to travel these places... what's your goal in posting this question?

Sounds like you can use a vacation. Hug

amother

Burlywood

Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
My house
My mothers house
MIL's house
Sisters house
NJ

What's the idea of showing off with all the places you visited? Wanna boast about how wealthy you are or want others to envy you and become in bad mood because they couldn't afford to travel these places... what's your goal in posting this question?

I'm really sorry this put you in a bad mood, I don't think the intention of the op was to make anyone feel badly. Those of us that have "wanderlust" love to hear about different places, even if we've never been there and might never have the opportunity to go. I can only speak for myself, I love to read and hear about new places, it's a hobby!

Also, I don't know about others, but I am not wealthy at all and I have traveled extensively. DH and I make very very little, but traveling was a priority for us. We saved by living very frugally (you would be shocked by how much we spend a month-no cleaning help, no eating out or prepared food, spending almost nothing on gas because of gas points etc), and by spending very little on vacations by mostly paying with airline miles and hotel points. A three week vacation internationally for two cost us less than what my friends would spend going to Orlando for a few days.

amother

White

Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
My house
My mothers house
MIL's house
Sisters house
NJ

Seriously?! I was single while my friends were ‘bogged down’ with kids and was able to use my work money to travel and keep busy... jealous?!

I think it’s beautiful to see ppl who push themselves to travel when it can be hard to do with kosher and kids etc.

We all know there are ppl that can afford more than each of us Bh. No one here mentioned 5 star hotels/ spas or outrageous luxuries to poke anyone’s eyes out...

amother

Pewter

Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:12 pm
dankbar wrote:
From Israel to Europe is cheaper & easier to travel than from America. A ticket can be 50_200. Whereas international transatlantic would be anywhere bw 500_2000.

You can fly round trip on Norwegian from NY to Paris for less than $300, to London for less than $350, to Rome for $300- all nonstop. There are plenty of people who spend that much or more to fly domestically, while many don't realize that international travel is just as attainable.

amother

White

Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:41 pm
amother wrote:
The Phillipines has thousands of Islands, we were on 4; El Nido and Coron (collectively Palawan) are pretty popular gorgeous beachy areas but still pretty third world like. There is now a Chabad on El Nido, but no kosher food (at least when we were there.)
Where have you been?

I'm literally in same sitch as you, pregnant with first and husband in school for next 7-8 years. I love to travel so much, but don't know how it will be feasible at all.

Omg med school?! That’s next level commitment!

Been to
Most of the west coast including tons of national parks, road trip on highway 1, Vegas, San Francisco ((love)) and more.
Colorado
True state (as a tourist and later resident)
Florida
Bahamas
Boston/ conneticut
Philly
Washington DC
Seattle
Alaska

Mexico

Canada- Vancouver/ Montreal/ Toronto

Europe-
Italy ( big cities and countryside)
Belgium
Netherlands
Paris
Alllll over Switzerland
Budapest
Vienna

Hong Kong
Taiwan

Israel (all over, lived there for a while)

I actually am most proud of the travel I did in the states- I grew up in Europe and have loads of family there so those trips seemed less ‘exciting’ and were easier than the west coast etc.

I have big dreams and smaller ones- panama seems doable if Zika becomes less of an issue. Antarctica not so much. South Africa somewhere in between:)

tigerwife

Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:49 pm
I think I’ve visited more countries than States in the US 🤔

N.Y., NJ, PA, Washington DC, California, FL, NH... I must be missing something!

Countries I’ve seen:
Israel
Canada
England
France
Switzerland
Poland
Hungary
Italy
Cyprus
Czechoslovakia (Prague)
Germany

Hope to travel more extensively one day.

amother

Mauve

Post  Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:54 pm
Some of these lists have truly wowed me. Amazing.
I’ve been to:

NY
NJ
Miami
Niagra falls
Vermont
Poconos
Rhode Island
Israel
Switzerland
England
Italy
Amsterdam
Antwerp

All this has been ages ago way before the kids came along so it’s now all but a distant memory.

saw50st8

Post  Wed, Jan 09 2019, 6:52 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Wow. Some of you have been to so many places. It doesn’t even seem possible. Unless you travel a few times a year?

I did a lot of road trips with my mom as a kid. I hit 50 states by the time I was 22. It had been a goal since I was 7 and walked all over a large size map of the US and said "I want to go to all 50 states!"

My husband and I traveled quite bit after college before having kids.

Now we have winter and summer breaks for the kids schools and we try to go away then. We also use points for mostly free vacations.

amother

Mint

Post  Wed, Jan 09 2019, 8:44 am
saw50st8- I'll ask you the same question I asked before- how do you have the vacation time to go away during the winter and summer after having to take off for the yom tovim? I'm not even talking about if you ever take off because your kids are sick....
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h