Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How much say does a principal have?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 9:42 pm
Ha blonde, it does sound like the same school & principal. Totally ludicrous.
How did he not know your girls switched out?
I have no idea though where my high schooler would switch to.
So many ppl in this town shake in their boots from this guy that the power has just warped his thinking.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 9:45 pm
the school is soo beyond unorganized- I keep getting called from the nurse that my daughters' records are not up to date. I keep telling them, that's because they haven't been in your school for years!

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 9:46 pm
are you looking into a school that starts with a "H"?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 10:51 pm
I just found this out today so I haven't even started to look into other schools
I'm in total panic mode right now.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 11:02 pm
What school were you looking into?
Did you apply there already?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 11:53 pm
We only so far looked into & applied to a high school for my son.
Idk where to look for the rest of my kids for next year. I wasn't planning on him kicking my kids out.
He is in control of girls & boys school so now I need to scramble to place multiple kids for next year.
This is insanity.

ROFL

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 12:20 am
https://www.vosizneias.com/204722/2015

See this article. A precedent for suing a private school for kicking out students.
I realize the article is olde, but I saw an update recently that says law suit is progressing , although I can’t find it now.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 2:48 pm
OP here
We applied to the other elementary school in town, we are waiting to see if my kids are accepted. If not, we are stuck.
However, my high school daughter really doesn't want to switch so we thought we will register her & pay full tuition.
Well, we were put in our place very nastily saying our kids are not accepted back including my high school daughter.
It is not right. She is a great girl, every teacher loves her. She is smart and good.
Why can't she finish her school just because we chose to send our son to a school that's a good fit for him?!

And what do I tell the high school where I apply to? Why is she changing schools mid high school? I'm livid .

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 3:28 pm
I would first try to just say that we decided to change schools staying very parve. People switch highschools. I did it, other girls I know did it.

if I'm really pressed I would say the truth, that this "owner" got upset at where we were sending our son and kicked all our kids out. You are welcome to speak to any of her teachers, they will all vouch that she's a great girl

I'm pretty sure I know the community you are referring to. We used to live there, lets just say we first sent to the other school but then decided to just move out of the community. The "owner" has A LOT of power in the community. If it's there this "owner" is known. I never heard of him doing such a thing but it's not as far fetched as in other communities.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:13 pm
Amethyst, I wonder if it's the same place bec a lot of ppl seem to worship him here. The few who don't tend to whisper about it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:17 pm
yup Smile have heard people call him a tzaddik Smile I'm pretty sure the person I'm thinking of puts in a tremendous amount of money in to the school which is why I wouldn't be surprised that he has a say about tuition breaks...

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:23 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
yup Smile have heard people call him a tzaddik Smile I'm pretty sure the person I'm thinking of puts in a tremendous amount of money in to the school which is why I wouldn't be surprised that he has a say about tuition breaks...

I wonder if you guys are talking about my community. Is the other smaller elementary school a recent addition?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:31 pm
Babypink- the other elementary has been here for years & there is also very tiny school that has struggled to stay open over the years.
There is only 1 other high school here.
I don't want to out myself because ultimately I can't move away.
Dh is calling the other high school, please daven that my children get accepted to school here . I'm so anxious and sick over this.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:33 pm
Different community, never mind. So sorry about your predicament, this is a very unfair thing to do to your family. I hope it works out with the other schools. Bravo to you for standing firm.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:38 pm
op- yup same community that I was thinking of. hugs. I was told even I don't send to "his" school, I still shouldn't "cross him" he's just very powerful.
I've heard good things about the other high school Smile

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:42 pm
the "tiny" school might also be an option to consider.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 5:05 pm
The tiny school doesn't have the grades we need from my understanding.

The other high school is full , registration is closed no one to talk to.
I don't know what to do now. Crying

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 5:15 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:

How many kids do you need to go to the high school? One? 2? Besides the one who is already registered.

Assuming school is still in session, go to the school tomorrow, in person. Sit there until they let you see the principal. Trust me, she knows what's going on with the other school. Beg if you have to.

Then go to the first school. Tell the principal that you're going to need transcripts of all of your kids. Now. Because he told you so late that your kids would not be accepted next year, all Jewish schools are closed out, and your kids will be attending public school. And make it clear that if anyone asks, you'll be telling them EXACTLY what happened, so that they'll know that if there is any chance that one of their kids won't fit into his school forever, they should just send to the other schools in town. You've nothing to lose by standing up to this guy, and its likely no one ever has before. Let him know that his reputation is at stake for what he did to you.

And hatzlacha.

Amalia

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 5:18 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:

Beyond awful.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 5:30 pm
mistyrose- deep breath. Do you know who the principal of the other school is? Even when there's supposedly no room there's often room if necessary.

I agree with other poster that if school is in session go in person. This school is in the same community. They know the score. They know what type of person you are dealing with. I mean I might be a good detective Wink but I was able to figure out the community by the description as was another poster. This "owner" is common knowledge in the community. Who knows, maybe your daughter will be happier there! In terms of highschools I believe there is bussing to at least two other all girls schools if need be. The elementary school kids are more of an issue...

The guilt tactic might actually work. Supposedly he wanted the "other" school to become a little more to the right- which they did, in order so that he wouldn't have to feel bad telling people they weren't accepted to his school. As long as the other school was waay to modern for him he felt an achrayis to accept kids who applied to his school.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics