Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
ISO healers or mekubal to help with ds

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:17 pm
I have a DS who is 14 year old years old and has ADHD as well as anxiety and a bit of OCD. We have tried pretty much everything that I know of to help him but he is getting worse. He's been to therapists, psychiatrists, some alternative therapies, I have been daavening like crazy but yet they're still seems to be something missing and I don't know how to help him anymore. Soon we are going on a trip to Israel and I was hoping that someone might know of someone who has different methodologies of healing or that could help give us insight that a typical doctor cannot. Does anyone know of any special healers or mekubals or a rabbi that has deeper insights that we could meet with and find guidance and help please! Feeling hopeless

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:22 pm
Oy. I have a friend whose mother did this to her (tried taking her to mekubals etc) she ended up off the derech.

Are you in therapy? Some times that will help more than any intervention for your kid.

Its magical thinking to think that mekubalim will help.

Belief in Hashem will help more than any mekubal.

crust

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:40 pm
I am really sorry for what you are going through.
I remember reading in the Spirit magazine (is it still around?) that the hardest thing of having an autistic or otherwise handicapped child is to replace in your mind the picture of that healthy child you gave birth to with the reality of what the child turned out to be.

Its called acceptance. And the road to acceptance aint pretty.

You seem to be in the bargaining stage of grief. (You can Google the stages of grief.) In this stage, the person is still trying to desperately change the reality.

How about taking your time on this trip to visit some kivrei tzadikim and cry it out; the aggravation sadness frustration and everything else that comes along with this situation?

Here's to hope and healing. 🤗

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:57 pm
I know not all mukubalim are equal. But we had a pretty bad experience with a mekubal whom people hailed as a miracle worker.

But it slowly became clear that he knew NOTHING about what he professed to know.

Zehava

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:20 pm
I’d stay away from mekubalim and anyone who claims to perform miracles. I would go to legitimate rabbis who may offer guidance and a bracha. Skulener rebbe, Reb leibish in Antwerp, and more.
They may not profess to perform miracles but they will listen, empathize, and maybe some words of wisdom.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:28 pm
Thank you to all of the above responses. I'm not expecting anyone to perform miracles, I'm just looking for someone who could perhaps offer insights that we aren't getting from the traditional ways. I could probably benefit from therapy but don't have the time or the money to focus on myself right now. I have cried my heart out to Hashem again and again and continue to do so. My son used to be " normal" and has lately been progressively getting worse. So it's hard to come to terms with this new reality when I have seen him being mostly fine and well adjusted and just the past couple of years has been going downhill. I feel that there Might be some explanation that we are not finding. After I have exhausted all that then maybe I can come to terms with the grief of realizing that I have to accept where he is now. Also to the person who posted about those Rebbeim do you have any Contact info for any of them?

Zehava

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:37 pm
Sorry I don’t have the numbers offhand. You need to get a hold of the number of a gabbai who would arrange an appointment. If you’re in Israel Reb Yaakov Meir schechter would be a good idea to see as well.

smilethere1

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 12:32 am
U can do some research on abm method. Im in middle of reading book as well with this method called kids beyond limits. Ppl see great results in many areas. Theres a woman in crown heights that does this you can pm me for the info if interested.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 12:46 am
R' Yaakov Hillel is a wonderfully wise man, and worth meeting while you're in Israel.

IMHO regarding mekubalim: those who say, don't know, and those who know, don't say.

If you're looking for a naturopathic recommendation, there is Shelem College, located on the 4th floor of the Jerusalem Central Bus Station. (When you first enter, make a sharp left, and you'll see a bank of elevators there. Use those to go up.)

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 12:48 am
I don't know where you live, but there's a mekubal in Flatbush, Rabbi Kimmel. I went to him for several issues and I went out a different person. No, he didn't perform miracles, no my matzav didn't change, no nothing was fixed overnight.... But, even before I started talking he already knew what my problems were and told them to me, asked me about it, he gave me hadracha, brachos and advice in a way that I didn't get from anywhere else.

It was a long wait to get into him even when begging that I'm desperate, in the waiting room you can wait about two hours, but it was worth it, worth it, worth it!

Once you come to him you can call anytime and get another appointment within the week.

For me it gave a lot of clarity and peace of mind. Go for it & be strong! You're doing your best! Hashem doesn't expect you to change this child, just to do your best! Hug Hug Hug

marina

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 12:50 am
look up Parenting with Radical Acceptance w ruchi koval.

sample https://m.soundcloud.com/ruchi.....tions

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 2:04 am
you probably don't want to hear this as it's not quick and just a miracle bracha but hard work
but I can recommend a very good ADHD coach - he can guide your son and help him understand himself - and guide you in how to deal with him.
it's not quick - but if you can follow along you can I'yh see great results.

His name is Levi Yitzchok Albert and site is iloveadhd.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)