Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
5 Towns to Toms River

eagle

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 9:57 am
Anyone move from the 5 Towns to Toms River? What were your experiences, pros and cons?Considering my son goes to Yeshiva of South Shore what schools would you think are comparable? (We are sephardic and although it would be great to go to a sephardic school they may be too yeshivish for us in Lakewood.)
Any information in general about Toms River would be greatly appreciated. We are strongly considering relocation. I mostly worry about choosing yeshiva/day care/camps.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 10:23 am
Have you looked into the Sefardic schools in Deal? It's a completely different community than Lakewood, and there should definitely be options there that will not be too yeshivish for you.

eagle

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 10:28 am
doctorima wrote:
Have you looked into the Sefardic schools in Deal? It's a completely different community than Lakewood, and there should definitely be options there that will not be too yeshivish for you.

I was nervous about the commute to Deal. I don't want my kids to have to sit 30-40 minutes each way. I'm not even sure what transportation options there are for that. I wouldn't be able to drive back and forth myself.

cnc

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 8:28 pm
eagle wrote:
I was nervous about the commute to Deal. I don't want my kids to have to sit 30-40 minutes each way. I'm not even sure what transportation options there are for that. I wouldn't be able to drive back and forth myself.

Your kids will probably sit for that long , if not longer on any school bus in Lkwd.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 8:43 pm
eagle wrote:

So why not move to deal?

eagle

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 9:55 pm
Financially Toms River seems a better option. At this point thankfully we need a bigger house and it seems we can get more for our money in Toms River. For what we want we couldn’t afford in Deal.
What are the transportation options to Deal schools if any?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating