Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What is your immediate reaction to thread titles (Part 3)
  Previous  1  2  3 237  238  239 473  474  475  Next

BokerTov

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 12:54 am
zaq wrote:
That's because it's a moldy bottle-tree, not a moldy-bottle tree.

Though I never saw a bottle growing on a tree, I have seen pics of glass bottles tied to a tree to allow fruit to grow inside the bottle, which is later filled with the liqueur matching that fruit, to mystify people who can't figure out how the fruit got into the bottle.

https://janalinesworldjourney......ttle/

This does look like a bottle tree after all!

4g01o

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 6:55 pm
Not making it help

We don't usually call a person 'it'
It's not polite unless they're non binary of course.

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 9:23 pm
Fab4 wrote:

We don't usually call a person 'it'
It's not polite unless they're non binary of course.

In which case, use "they" or whatever pronouns that individual indicated. (I find referring to a singular entity as "they" makes my head spin and my teeth ache, but YMMV.)

DrMom

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 12:40 am
Formula for bris

uncircumcised 8-day old Jewish male + mohel + scalpel + father + sandak = bris

DrMom

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 12:42 am
Intimacy
Hear I lye in bed again...

Lye? I hope your DH is one of those rubber-glove wearing husbands we've heard so much about.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 12:43 am
"What are the different chassidic groups and which country do?"

MAny different ones, most are in the catskills

BokerTov

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 1:12 am
How long did you date- yeshivish/rwmo
I dated yeshivish-rwmo for about 2 years but it didn’t work out. I ended up marrying JPF.

a2z

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 1:16 am
Shain toddler boys thread
I've been on shein allot, nope, never seen any toddler boys for sale.

m-u-a-mama

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 1:18 am
Are natives still in?

No we chased them out years ago
And the proper term is American Indians

a2z

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 1:26 am
m-u-a-mama wrote:
Are natives still in?

More like killed them/ put into reservations/ assimilated

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 12:00 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
Are natives still in?

Not any longer. It's "native Americans" now.

4g01o

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 12:22 pm
DH and AC

DH and a child? They're all the same these men. Never grow up!

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:07 pm
DH and AC
No, hon, it's DC (not DH)or AC and never the twain shall meet. Direct current is used in industry, while alternating current is used in homes.

Plonis

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:30 pm
Applying to camp - a guide

1) Sell your firstborn. (If your firstborn is the one that is going to camp, you can stop here. Whoever you sold them to will need to deal with it.)

2) Check the calendar. If there are less than 8 months left until camp, it is too late. Mark it down on your calendar for next year.

3) Fill out the application forms. Be prepared to provide your social security number, complete medical and psychological history, and that of your child. Have dates of all vaccinations, any schools attended, and the name and number of their most recent counselor. If they have not been to any camp and have no counselor history, be prepared to justify this decision.

4) Pay the $450 (nonrefundable) deposit.

5) Wait 4 months. Then check your email.

6) If your child is accepted, hooray! First take the money you got from selling your firstborn and transfer it to the camp. Then the hard work starts: Begin shopping. Packing lists include 12 shirts, 8 skirts, 12 pairs of socks, at least that many undergarments, 2-4 sheet sets, and $50-$100 of canteen money. And this is the old-fashioned list! Nowadays campers need 6 pairs of footwear, plastic drawers, lawn chairs, electric fans, costumes, cases of cereal and water, and enough nosh to open their own canteen. Plus more. Much more. MUCH, MUCH, more.

7) If your child is NOT accepted, cry. Begin the rounds of calling every camp desperately and begging for them to take your child. Remember that if your child is female, it will NOT help to call boys' camps. Bribery is very effective. Consider sponsoring a bunkhouse or bathroom. If that doesn't work, call your child's principal, aunts, Rav, and senator to apply pressure.

8) About a week before camp, bring all of your child's belongings to a designated street corner next to a dilapidated truck. Be prepared to wear all of the clothing already bequeathed to the younger sibling for the days until camp begins.

9) A week later, return to the designated street corner, now next to a dilapidated bus. Make sure your child brings several cases of nosh so she won't chas veshalom starve on the 2-hour journey to camp.

10) Start to work out the logistics of visiting day. Remember that whatever you do will be wrong. You will inevitably arrive too early or too late, and will be horribly embarrassing. Do NOT attempt to figure out which clothing was not worn yet, or whether sheets have been changed since the beginning of camp. Just bring more nosh, more money for canteen so your child can purchase more nosh, and promises of packages of nosh that will be shipped to camp. (The postcards your child sent will arrive before Sukkos. Usually.)

11) Attempt to mortgage your home so you can purchase back your firstborn. If you don't own a home, selling oneself into servitude is an appropriate substitute.

12) Pat yourself on the back, and rub your tummy at the same time! You did it!

BokerTov

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 9:08 am
Bad moods help
I completely disagree! Bad moods don’t help anyone.

imasinger

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:50 pm
Under Tznius - "Where can it be found?"

Just a guess, but probably not at an office beach party.

tweety1

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:01 pm
Anyone familiar with Davka?
Oh yes! Big time! We have a few davkeniaks in our house. She'll davka fight, he davka won't listen, and together they'll davka make a wreck

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 11:24 pm
How common is the name game

In some circles, very. Name-droppers name-drop because they think that claiming a connection to someone well-known (even if it's just that their uncle's cardiologist lives next door to a celebrity's dermatologist) means that they themselves are something special. I'm not sure how they figure that.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 8:17 am
zaq wrote:
How common is the name game

In some circles, very. Name-droppers name-drop because they think that claiming a connection to someone well-known (even if it's just that their uncle's cardiologist lives next door to a celebrity's dermatologist) means that they themselves are something special. I'm not sure how they figure that.

Shelly Shelly burbelly....

BokerTov

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 6:03 pm
2 year old full of mucus for over 3 months-what to do?
Scrub it off in the bath? 3 months is a long time!
Page 238 of 475   Previous  1  2  3 237  238  239 473  474  475  Next Recent Topics