Home

Please help me calm down

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Vermilion


Post  Thu, Jan 10 2019, 3:42 pm
Disclaimer- I am a total hypochondriac and freak out about every little thing. WebMD is not my friend. My daughter (6) has been very pale, complaining that her body hurts, head hurts, stomach hurts for a couple weeks.Got her a blood test, Got the results today. Slightly high WBC ( over the normal range). Super high B12. Like way over. a few other things were high. Of course I googled this and all these terrible things are coming up. Now I'm freaking out. Wont be able to speak to a Dr. until tomorrow ( I'm in Israel).
I've had anxiety like this before over blood test results, it's awful, I spend the whole night being a wreck. Who can help me calm down, pleaseee.
Back to top

oneofakind




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jan 10 2019, 7:19 pm
Open a tehillim and daven it should be a false scare I.e. inaccurate results or something little and easily remedied. Daven that this scare should be a kapara.
Try to distract yourself.
Back to top

amother




Turquoise


Post  Thu, Jan 10 2019, 7:40 pm
those results can mean so many treatable things, like mono or cmv or even celiac. I think with cancer ch"v, white count is VERY high, not just slightly high. Lyme too.
Back to top

thegiver




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jan 10 2019, 7:43 pm
If you cannot fall asleep breathe deeply close your eyes and move ur eyes back and forth. It helped me with my anxiety
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:46 pm
We've had our share of health scares including hospitalizations. You need to turn to Hashem and not let your brain go to the worst possible ideas.
Back to top

amother




Bronze


Post  Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:56 pm
amother wrote:
those results can mean so many treatable things, like mono or cmv or even celiac. I think with cancer ch"v, white count is VERY high, not just slightly high. Lyme too.

A very high white count could simply mean how the body reacts to an infection. One of my kids have an extreme high wbc due to an uti, nothing to do with cancer. Another child had a high wbc due to pneumonia. Both cases were treated with antibiotics.
Back to top

amother




Green


Post  Thu, Jan 10 2019, 10:00 pm
amother wrote:
A very high white count could simply mean how the body reacts to an infection. One of my kids have an extreme high wbc due to an uti, nothing to do with cancer. Another child had a high wbc due to pneumonia. Both cases were treated with antibiotics.


I think she meant a very high white count along with a very high b12 count. Not just the white count.
Leukemia usually has a "very" high white count as well.
There are many reasons for these results. If I'd take google seriously I would be dead years ago.
Back to top

amother




Sienna


Post  Fri, Jan 11 2019, 1:04 am
Years ago DS had very high B12. He eat lots of eggs,cheese and chicken. Doctor said to stop the multivitamin and only give vitamin C .
As far as the WBC count - I've noticed that my kids almost always have a slightly elevated count, even if they hadn't been noticably sick beforehand. Their doctors regard it as insignificant.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jan 11 2019, 1:36 am
Why are you getting test results before a doctor reads them? Aren't you supposed to get the results straight from the doctor, who gives you the interpretation, not just dry numbers?
Back to top

amother




Sienna


Post  Fri, Jan 11 2019, 1:45 am
ra_mom wrote:
Why are you getting test results before a doctor reads them? Aren't you supposed to get the results straight from the doctor, who gives you the interpretation, not just dry numbers?


No - that's not how it works here.
You go online and get the results as soon as they come in from the lab in your personal docket on the Kupa website. They even sent you a text message when the results come in.
Sometimes the doctor will call to discuss the results, especially if there is something wrong.
Otherwise you go over them with him/her at your next appointment.
Back to top

amother




Vermilion


Post  Fri, Jan 11 2019, 2:57 am
amother wrote:
Years ago DS had very high B12. He eat lots of eggs,cheese and chicken. Doctor said to stop the multivitamin and only give vitamin C .
As far as the WBC count - I've noticed that my kids almost always have a slightly elevated count, even if they hadn't been noticably sick beforehand. Their doctors regard it as insignificant.


Thanks all. OP here. My daughter is actually pretty much a vegetarian. Wont touch eggs, chicken or meat. She does eat a lot of dairy ( yogurt, milk). And I dont give her multivitamins on a regular basis.
Thanks for all the support- have a note into the Dr. and waiting for him to call me back.
Back to top

yo603




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:28 pm
Hope it all works out
Back to top

amother




Dodgerblue


Post  Sun, Jan 13 2019, 9:16 pm
OP, you might want to consider seeing someone for that anxiety. You can't live your whole life like that. Trust me, my FIL is a hypochondriac. It's like he's spending his whole life figuring out when he's going to die.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Help me find good Jewish books!
by BKIND
30 Today at 8:33 am View last post
Mediterranean Diet- Help me stay accountable! 29 Yesterday at 5:22 pm View last post
Need your help
by amother
4 Yesterday at 1:45 pm View last post
Email for Business help
by amother
1 Yesterday at 1:10 pm View last post
Enlarge Photos by Mail: Can Anyone Help Please?
by Vintage
3 Yesterday at 10:36 am View last post

Jump to:  



Report offensive ad