Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
What parenting book do you recommend?
1  2  Next

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 9:03 am
I don't care whether it is Jewish or not. Something you have applied as a parent and it helped you.

Twinster

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 9:10 am
You probably read this one, but How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk

esuss

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 9:11 am
123 magic. They have one adapted for teens also.

I also like rabbi Brezak's book called chinuch in turbulent times.

oneofakind

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 9:17 am
Rabbi Kleinman Parenting by Design is excellent because you and your husband figure out yourselves what you want to deal with in a systematic way. Sometimes a book will have an opinion and it doesn't jive with yours. Here you get to decide. You have to meet weekly to work on it, it's not a bunch of easy tips but the most effective parenting is both parents set aside time to focus on it and make decisions.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 9:17 am
Twinster wrote:
You probably read this one, but How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk
this

oneofakind

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 9:18 am
Reminder to all those using 123 Magic, the first step is not to use emotion while disciplining. If you can do that, you solved half your parenting problems regardless what method you use.

enjoying kids

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 11:10 am
Joyful Toddlers and Preschoolers

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 11:27 am
Everyone asks me how I have such special well rounded children (now most of them are adults). I followed only one book, but completely followed it.. it's the old one: The Delicate Balance by Sarah Chanah Radcliffe. This book along with Awareness by Miriam Adahan (so that I can build each child according to their personality). These 2 books were under my pillow for years. I read a bit of it (over and over ) each night. If a child had a problem, I always found an answer between these two books.

But we all know that truthfully it's Hashem's help that made my kids turned out so good (and of course they're not perfect).

I do have many other challenges in my life.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 11:28 am
For kids with difficulties The Explosive Child and for kids without Raising Human Beings

Pickle1

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 11:53 am
I also live by the how to talk so your kids will listen book. the same authors also wrote another book 'siblings without rivalry' also great.
another good one is the 5 love languages for children

ssspectacular

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 11:55 am
amother wrote:
Everyone asks me how I have such special well rounded children (now most of them are adults). I followed only one book, but completely followed it.. it's the old one: The Delicate Balance by Sarah Chanah Radcliffe. This book along with Awareness by Miriam Adahan (so that I can build each child according to their personality). These 2 books were under my pillow for years. I read a bit of it (over and over ) each night. If a child had a problem, I always found an answer between these two books.

But we all know that truthfully it's Hashem's help that made my kids turned out so good (and of course they're not perfect).

I do have many other challenges in my life.

Wow! I could have written this word for word! Would love to meet you. Are you in Ny?

Swissmiss

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 12:32 pm
Twinster wrote:

This book is THE BEST!

jewishmom6

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 12:40 pm
Twinster wrote:

is it this one
https://www.ebay.com/i/2833351.....64011

or this one?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/How-t.....:pf:0

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 3:12 pm
Children the challenge is AMAZING

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 3:14 pm
I like books and tapes by Rabbi Noach Orloweck. Main theme of his - Do your best, and then don't knock yourself!

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 3:44 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
is it this one
https://www.ebay.com/i/2833351.....64011

or this one?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/How-t.....:pf:0

They're the same book. The second one is a new edition. I have the second one.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 3:47 pm
Transforming the Difficult Child: The Nurtured Heart Approach

**Totally worked for my family

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 11:10 pm
ssspectacular wrote:
Wow! I could have written this word for word! Would love to meet you. Are you in Ny?

Wow. Interesting.. I live in upstate NY.

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 11:14 pm
Kids are worth it, best parenting book I ever read.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 11:17 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I like books and tapes by Rabbi Noach Orloweck. Main theme of his - Do your best, and then don't knock yourself!

Where can you get his tapes?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room