Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What was your baby's first word?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 12:02 am
My own first word was "garbage"
LOL
My kids had normal first words (mommy, totty, more, milky etc...)

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 12:06 am
My 3-year old son’s first word was “doggy.” Then “tickle” (“ticka!”) “Mommy” and “Tatty” were several words later.

My daughter said “Mommy” the day before her first birthday. Made me sooo happy! She is 13 months old now and says 11 words, some of them are a little bit different... like “mezuzah” and “what’s this?” (“whazzis?”). Her twin brother hasn’t said any words yet but I’m very curious to hear what his first word will be!

My mother tells me my first word was “light.”

I have a friend who’s son’s first word made them think twice about the rampant profanity in their home.

I guess it’s not always “Mommy” or “Daddy!”

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:21 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:34 am
thunderstorm wrote:
One of my kids said " Uh Oh" at nine months.

What's amazing is that my six month old is not saying an actual word but she says " Ch" , (a Ches sound) every time I change her diaper . I always say "ich" and stress the "ch" and now she does it on her own without me saying it. My DH changed her today and she did the same thing. It's adorable. She totally understands that this sound goes with diaper changing.

That is amazing! If she really says that consistently by diaper changes, I might even say that’s her first word! So smart!

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:44 am
Tzutzie wrote:

I always say hashem knows which kids he makes extra special cute..... the more trouble they give you the cuter they are.
If you see a really cute kid in the street, pity the mother!

Haha so true! My 3 year old son is particularly cute (if I do say so myself). He really has a special chein, and everybody loves him. He is also the most difficult kid I’ve had! He gives me quite a run for my money at home. But my grandmother doesn’t believe me...she said a kid who looks that sweet in pictures has to be an angel Very Happy

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 9:32 am
amother wrote:
That is amazing! If she really says that consistently by diaper changes, I might even say that’s her first word! So smart!

Blush, I agree. But because everyone thought I was in Lalaland about my baby starting at 4 months old, I was shy to tell Thunderstorm.

If her baby is saying a word consistently in regard to the same situation, then it's her first word. Even the pronunciation isn't perfect.

lora

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 10:10 am
my 11 month old only says "hello" into a phone. no other real words yet just babbling. I find it an interesting word choice.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 1:13 pm
keym wrote:
My first two started with Mama, Tata, Shis (shoes) and Baby.
#3 first word was Me Too.
#4 uh oh, Mama, cookie
#5 gimme, nosh, go 'way.

I guess we see the progression of being raised with older siblings and older concepts.

So funny, I came here to post the same thing!

My oldest's first word was "dada" (my dh was home with him more than me) then mama, baba (bottle) and shich!

My second's were similar, but I distinctively remember one of my later kid's first word was "mine"!!! And another one's first word was gum Confused ! Second words were "I want" "me too", and bye bye Very Happy ...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics