Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Disney orlando vacation question
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:13 pm
flowerpower wrote:
We never reserved beforehand and never hand an issue. There’s one restaurant in each park that carries kosher airline meals.

Yeshiva week? They actually suggest reserving all the time though certain locations you don't have to (but you still should during yeshiva week).

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
I really appreciate all the advice from the experts

so I'm leaning towards doing another disney park on the 3rd day, and go from like 10 to 6ish,
I'm hearing seaworld is not worth it and it's almost as expensive as disney, and I looked into funspot, it only opens at 2,
for children 5 and 15 what's a better option - animal kingdom or epcot?

thank you again for all the help!

Animal kingdom!!!

We just did it in June. ages 3-11. We all loved it. I’ll admit I haven’t done Epcot in a while but I still think animal kingdom is a great choice. We also did it our last day so we left around 4:00 but we still had fun.

You haven’t mentioned Hollywood studios. Personally that is my favorite park. If your kids like Star Wars then they will love it. Or universals island of adventures. I only did it once but I thought it was great.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:41 pm
if I don't watch movies and don't like rides is hollywood studios going to have anything for me? we are being taken to disney and going there one day. my kids don't watch movies but at least like rides.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 10:02 pm
amother wrote:
if I don't watch movies and don't like rides is hollywood studios going to have anything for me? we are being taken to disney and going there one day. my kids don't watch movies but at least like rides.

We loved it despite not being movie buffs.
We also don't like Disney princess type things but loved Disney parks, been to all parks besides animal kingdom.
Legoland was ok, even teenagers found rollercoasters they liked and the lego structures were fun.
I didn't care for Sea world.
We loved both Universal parks, we are big Harry Potter fans.

We've gone to wonder works a few times too, it's fun and a change of pace from the theme parks, takes about 2-3 hours.

Everything is packed with Frum families and minyanim sprout up all over!
Disney springs is fun for an hour or two at night.
Pizza shops very mediocre.
I live in Florida and get there once or twice a year as I get good discounts.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 4:15 pm
thank you for the wonderworks recommendation,

I think I'm going to go with that for the first stay instead of disney springs cuz there isn't really much to do there and we have a good few hours available
magic kingdom day 2
and I'm pretty sure we're going to do epcot on day 3, my kids looked through the attractions, my 5 year old is really excited to watch all the country videos, he loves information....

I checked out universal parks, but my kids know nothing about most of these characters so wasn't so interesting for them...

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:16 am
Personally Hollywood studios is our worst park. We have been to Disney many times it’s really if you enjoy movies. That park doesn’t have so many rides it’s more shows and how the shows are made. Animal kingdom is amazing they just opened a whole new section and my kids loved it. It’s also a new roller coaster. Plus the lion king show is amazing every time we go my kdis love it again. Epcot is also amazing and educational at the same time and all ages love it.

Universal studios if your child is Harry Potter fans then they will love it. The harry potter section is amazing for them plus kids love the train ride experience

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:46 am
ok thanks previous amother. that's what I figured, at least I'll be prepared. My in-laws are taking us so they picked where we are going. We are going for a week so we'll be going to other parks as well. I'm excited for animal kingdom and epcot, magic kingdom is supposedly good for the little kids... is there anything at all at hollywood that I might enjoy? Are the shows really loud? I wouldn't mind seeing how they are made- that might be cool Wink is there a significant amount of that?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 9:18 am
Personally I found Hollywood stupid and you really don’t see how shows are made it’s stupid stuff they show you.

Magic kingdom is Disney’s classic park. All ages enjoy the park but it’s more like feeling like a little kid again there really aren’t any scary rides or roller coasters in that park. It’s also a park that you have to do at least one time. There are a lot of shows and a lot of the must do rides that everyone goes to.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 9:24 am
so no advice if we are going anyway?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 9:26 am
amother wrote:
ok thanks previous amother. that's what I figured, at least I'll be prepared. My in-laws are taking us so they picked where we are going. We are going for a week so we'll be going to other parks as well. I'm excited for animal kingdom and epcot, magic kingdom is supposedly good for the little kids... is there anything at all at hollywood that I might enjoy? Are the shows really loud? I wouldn't mind seeing how they are made- that might be cool Wink is there a significant amount of that?

They opened a new section now called “Toy story”. It has a slinky roller coaster and one other ride. It’s a park you can finish in a half day. May sure you ride the tower of terror!!!!! Frozen sing along is also fun.

Magic Kingdom is huge. It takes 2 days to cover the whole park so go early. The fireworks at Epcot are stunning.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 11:07 am
ra_mom wrote:
Yeshiva week? They actually suggest reserving all the time though certain locations you don't have to (but you still should during yeshiva week).

You have a point. I wish they would open a normal Kosher fast food place at each park!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics