Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
I hate chasunahs because I don't know how to dance!

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 5:30 pm
Anyone have 2 left feet like me and dread being called in the middle to dance??

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 5:34 pm
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raisin

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 5:38 pm
I like weddings even though I dislike dancing. I dance for 5 minutes maybe.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 5:49 pm
Such a pity! I used to be in your shoes, dreaded weddings, always lingered in the corners and got all tensed up if anyone schlepped me into the circle...but then I got someone to teach me all the moves and presto! I am comfortable! I no longer dread weddings. I am never going to a be star performer, please, but I know just enough to blend right in and not attract any curious stares and it was eye-opening to me how wonderful it is to be able to move with the crowd in time to pulsing music, really, it's almost spiritual.

Please get someone to teach you the basics! This is so easily solvable that I am almost frustrated by your thread title! People hate some serious stuff...this is nothing! Blech! You can solve this one-two-three and laugh for the rest of your life! C'mon girl!

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 7:13 pm

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 7:32 pm
amother wrote:

You do not have to dance if your uncomfortable doing so. Just stand. A bit away and no one will bother you. I notice many people who don’t dance at simchas.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 7:37 pm
Cheiny wrote:
You do not have to dance if your uncomfortable doing so. Just stand. A bit away and no one will bother you. I notice many people who don’t dance at simchas.

Not always the case. Many times the kallah looks for you. Or you're very close to them and your expected to be in the circle.

I love wearing gowns to weddings because my feet are hidden!!

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 7:53 pm
I end up asking the baalas simcha to just go back and forth with me or I make sure to drag in another person so we're a threesome which I could manage (last time we all got very dizzy though).
It's a real problem. Sometimes I just hide out and when they say afterwards "But I never had a chance to dance with you!" I have the problem all over again!

I find being in a regular circle much easier because I follow along with the person next to me unless they start doing something fancy.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:54 pm
amother wrote:

I love wearing gowns to weddings because my feet are hidden!!

Me too! I only dance with the kallah if she’s a sibling (or in law) because it’s a really mortifying experience embarrassed

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 11:22 am
Used to be a great dancer
Attended some foreign weddings and somehow now I mix up everything

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 12:09 pm
Omg I totally relate . I feel so uncomfortable the minute they start doing dances. I know no steps. And I hate doing the middle
...makes me feel dizzy or just plain awkward.
I swore to myself when my eldest gets engaged im taking lessons. LOL

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 12:15 pm
I dread being pulled. Somehow it always happens. Unless it happens to be someone from my youth who dances like me

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 1:09 pm
amother wrote:

It's people like you, who can greatly benefit from simcha dancing lessons if your budget allows it.

As one who taught friends and relatives, I can tell you it truly makes a difference.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 1:32 pm
I totaaly get you. I am actually a very graceful dancer but somehow I always have trouble with the beat and 1 on 1. It's embarrassing.
I've learned to flop and laugh and try again. And flop and laugh with the baal simcha. Lol.

Can you imagine what my wedding was like? LOL In truth though, surprisingly by my wedding I had the beat. I think it somehow has to do with switching from circle dancing to 1 on 1.

OT, talking about 2 left feet.... when I ask her right hand and tell her the outstretched one is her left and I need her right one her response is "I only have two right arms and two right feet." Tongue Out
So the right ones your missing, my 3 yo has them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics