Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What was the shortest you were at a job before leaving?
Previous  1  2

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 6:01 pm
Two weeks before I quit, and I lasted longer than most of my predecessors. Employer was a lunatic, not in a good way, and I feared for my health and sanity.

ETA the “winner” in that contest was someone who started at nine and quit before noon. I’m serious when I say the boss was a nutcase.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 6:58 pm
I quit after one day. The bosses were terrible and the other employees were not any better. It was a shame though, because the office was two blocks away from house.

yersp

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 7:18 pm
A kitchen and bath place hired me for their kitchen department. It was an electrical supply store that had a showroom for bathrooms and kitchens and everything in between. So this kitchen place merged with the showroom and I was hired to run the kitchen department. It was a husband and wife business and the wife needed an assistant because she was busy taking care of two kids and was pregnant with the third. She was supposed to train me in but had the baby so it was left to her husband. He wasn't there most of the time because he was the official installer. So he handed me books on different types of wood and now go be the saleslady What
Since I didn't know what I was doing (he wasnt around and I couldn't bother his wife) I was the extra person who went where help was needed.
One day a weird lady came into the store to ask about the countertops and cabinets on display. I remember her very clearly because she drove me bonkers about buying a specific counter top from the display. I kept on telling her that its a display piece and I could order for her the same one. Dont know where I went wrong, she came back the next day telling the mr kitchen installer boss man that I said she could buy the display counter...... I lasted exactly 6 weeks

Then a few years and two kids later I answered an ad for someone looking for a part time worker.
The lady's husband had a security company and she was the Secretary working from home and it got hard with a newborn so she hired me to replace her. It was going to be a two week trial with pay.
And after a week she sent me packing, I have yet to figure out why What

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 7:18 pm
One day. The atmosphere was extremely negative and the employees were not interested in being nice to others. I asked someone working theretio confirm my suspicions.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 5:12 am
Not a job, but a project. After a morning of a meeting which made it clear they were nowhere near ready to start doing anything, I was sent there to help them do things, not to discuss possibly discussing other things, I told them to let me know when they were ready to start working. They never did, so I don't know if I got myself kicked off that project, if they gave up, or they're still wasting time eight months later.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 5:56 am
rae wrote:
My very first job. They hired me before the holidays in November. I was there for 6 weeks until beginning of January. I came in and there was a person sitting at my desk. When I asked what’s up, I was told oh, we don’t need you anymore. Def not the greatest first experience.

No!! Wow so unprofessional never mind insulting for something that could have been done in a decent, kind way.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics