Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Proof of excellence in Yeshiva education, even Chassidish
  Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next

keym

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:09 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Please reread what I said. I never said or suggested “all.”

Did you adjust the OP title?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:10 pm
Cheiny wrote:
https://www.vosizneias.com/314362/2019/01/15/jerusalem-chasidic-man-who-grew-up-in-borough-park-earns-high-score-on-israels-cpa-audit-exam/

This will no doubt anger Moster, and put the lie to his vengeful agenda.

Proof of lack of excellence of Chassidish edcuation is the assertion that success on a CPA exam is indicative of the excellence of Yeshiva education.

keym

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:12 pm
And no one ever denied that some yeshivas, especially those with some level of secular studies perform adequately.
And most people disapprove of Moster going to the authorities.
However bringing all sorts of success stories doesn't negate the fact that many Chassidish men did not receive an even basic adequate secular education.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:14 pm
Cheiny wrote:
https://www.vosizneias.com/314362/2019/01/15/jerusalem-chasidic-man-who-grew-up-in-borough-park-earns-high-score-on-israels-cpa-audit-exam/

This seriously might be the single most absurd post I've ever read here. So you found literally a single example of excellence to demonstrate......???? I suppose that not every single student in a weak academic institution ends up unable to speak, read, and write? For goodness sake, what is your point???

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:25 pm
Keym this is just a shout out to your logic. I want to quote and bold every one of your posts here.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:29 pm
Cheiny wrote:

I really think you should delete this. You like posting about politics and this post makes you lose all credibility as a logical person.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:45 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Yes, if you’ve read up on all the articles regarding the Agudah’s and other Jewish organizations/Rabbis/Roshei Yeshiva who responded to the DOE on this issue, they did have statistics which showed overall Yeshiva scores much higher than public schools.

This made me laugh. Cheiny, the schools that did so well in the statistics published were all yeshivas that offered secular education! Very Happy

little neshamala

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:47 pm
Cheiny wrote:
We most certainly can use him as an example; he IS one. .

Yes. And the 95 year old chain smoking grandma is an example of why cigarettes are fine for your health.

keym

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:47 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Keym this is just a shout out to your logic. I want to quote and bold every one of your posts here.

Thank you. That's sweet.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:48 pm
keym wrote:
Did you adjust the OP title?

Nope. Try again.

keym

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:48 pm
little neshamala wrote:
Yes. And the 95 year old chain smoking grandma is an example of why cigarettes are fine for your health.

I love the example.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:49 pm
[quote="amother"]Proof of lack of excellence of Chassidish EDCUATION quote]

LOL

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:50 pm
keym wrote:
And no one ever denied that some yeshivas, especially those with some level of secular studies perform adequately.
And most people disapprove of Moster going to the authorities.
However bringing all sorts of success stories doesn't negate the fact that many Chassidish men did not receive an even basic adequate secular education.

And no one said that some did not receive a proper education. But Moster generalized and demeaned the entire Yeshiva system,

amother
Scarlet

Cheiny wrote:
Nope. Try again.

So help me parse "Proof of excellence in Yeshiva education". What does that sentence mean to you?

Mommyg8

Hello, you are all making a mountain out of a molehill. There are actually MANY Chassidish yeshivos that have a decent English education. Ger, where the guy we are referring to went to school, is one of them.

Ger in Boro Park has a pretty decent secular education, please don't paint all Chassidish yeshivos with one broad brush.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:53 pm
[quote="Cheiny"]
amother wrote:
Proof of lack of excellence of Chassidish EDCUATION quote]

LOL

Typos are hilarious.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:55 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Hello, you are all making a mountain out of a molehill. There are actually MANY Chassidish yeshivos that have a decent English education. Ger, where the guy we are referring to went to school, is one of them.

Ger in Boro Park has a pretty decent secular education, please don't paint all Chassidish yeshivos with one broad brush.

Indeed, but it seems there are many who prefer to paint every Yeshiva with the same broad (critical) brush, as Moster did.

amother
Scarlet

Cheiny wrote:
Indeed, but it seems there are many who prefer to paint every Yeshiva with the same broad (critical) brush, as Moster did.

Nope nope nope nope nope and nope.

little neshamala

Mommyg8 wrote:

Its not about chassidish yeshivas vs non chassidish.

Its about yeshivas that offer secular ed vs those that dont. So the chassidish yeshivas that offer secular ed are lumped together with all the other secular ed yeshivas.

The problem exists solely among the non-secular education yeshivas. (Happens to be theyre all chassidish to my knowledge). And this boy, whether he graduated from a secular ed yeshiva, or not, is not proof that what theyre doing is okay. In either scenario. He would not be proof of anything.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 4:04 pm
On the flip side, we all also know baalei teshuva who received no formal Jewish education as kids, who are now frum learned people. Does that mean sending our kid to public school is ok, since its possible to go to public school and be frum?

I do think a kid who goes to a frum school and learns maths and english and gemara and chumash - the chumash and gemara learning does have a secular value. My husband went to a school that taught latin, a language no longer in use outside of the vatican. Schools still see value in offering Latin so aramaic and hebrew should be just as handy.
Page 2 of 12   Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next Recent Topics