Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Proof of excellence in Yeshiva education, even Chassidish
  Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:10 pm
amother wrote:
Every house has a chandelier. Except for my home and everyone else I know.

But if the subject is KJ why not spew some more lies? וכל המרבה הרי זה משובח
No?

Interesting. You know no one in KJ with a crystal chandelier?

I repeated a statement made to me; however, every house I have entered in KJ has had a crystal chandelier. I always noticed after that statement. I find it hard to believe that I entered the only 20 or 30 houses with crystal chandeliers in KJ.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:42 pm
I'm not so convinced that owning a crystal chandelier is a good proxy for wealth. I mean, you can get one for under $300.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 8:14 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not so convinced that owning a crystal chandelier is a good proxy for wealth. I mean, you can get one for under $300.

I agree. But the official was not wrong. It is only one facet of why those in Monroe appear wealthy while the overwhelming majority of the population is on programs.

You don't have the same demographics in Newburgh. Those children whose parents are on programs don't have fine furniture and two parent homes grounded in religion. They are not given complete furnishings for apartments as teenagers.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
I agree. But the official was not wrong. It is only one facet of why those in Monroe appear wealthy while the overwhelming majority of the population is on programs.

You don't have the same demographics in Newburgh. Those children whose parents are on programs don't have fine furniture and two parent homes grounded in religion. They are not given complete furnishings for apartments as teenagers.

I think you just made the Satmar Rebbe's point.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
Interesting. You know no one in KJ with a crystal chandelier?

I repeated a statement made to me; however, every house I have entered in KJ has had a crystal chandelier. I always noticed after that statement. I find it hard to believe that I entered the only 20 or 30 houses with crystal chandeliers in KJ.

There are people that have chandeliers. The problem is that they are not poor and they don't have programs although the Record and people like your friend like to say so.

In order to know the chandelier status of the community this person has to be something like a house inspector for a big chunk of houses. 20 or 30 houses in a town of over 6000 familes is not really a statistic.

And yes we have good taste, know how to keep house well and we raise our kids in two parent homes.
Yes, unlike our neighbors in Newburgh. Duh

And we are pretty savvy shoppers also... take a look on this chandelier;

https://m.sears.com/goplus-ele.....88188

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not sure how you think making such fantastical statements in anyway supports your continuing argument that English language classes aren't critical to navigate English speaking countries successfully.

I have the equivalent of a PHD and and have a near genius IQ - read widely in all subjects - and wouldn't make such a ridiculous statement in terms of my ability to teach a college course - even in the subject in which I theoretically have expertise.

Nor does your statement that your brother had 10th grade reading comprehension skills when he was seven pass muster either. I learned to read myself sometime before kindegarten/first grade because my mother was a primary school teacher and the books were lying around. FWIW, for whatever reason she didn't want to actually teach me to read so it was entirely self taught. My reading "comprehension" skills were far above what my age level were but there is really no such thing as a 7 year old having 10th grade reading comprehension skills because a significant portion of reading comprehension is the ability to understand what one is reading and a 7 year old lacks sufficient knowledge of the world to actually comprehend what they are reading. In others words, a newspaper can theoretically be written using vocabulary that a fifth grader knows but it is highly unlikely that a fifth grader is actually "comprehending" what the child is reading but they would be reading it completely without any context.

I am not sure what people are even discussing at this point. Public schools with student bodies similar to the kind of kids typically enrolled in Yeshivas generally have extremely high standard testing scores by all objective measures and it is unlikely that any students outside of those enrolled in MO expensive schools have equivalent scores. Of course there might be a few outliers whose parents are committed to extreme enrichment at home but the reality is that the typical boy is not going to receive that kind of enrichment at home.

Why are you making her crazy ? Why can't it be that her brother is really brilliant ? Is it so hard for you to fathom that there is someone out there in the world that is smarter than you ? Leave her alone .

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:15 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't make the assumptions you said I made. I promise you, I never thought you were genius level for a moment.

See above for my reasoning why I think your education is subpar.

I don't doubt you have a college degree. Your thinking I doubt you relates to the first 3 sentences of my answer and the entirety of your post I am quoting.

I never said that my observations in the schools could be universally applied. TBH, I was shocked by the academic cheating in each school. I was not shocked at all by the FBI raids. They were coming. I think if you are dishonest in one area of running a school, it shows a tendency to be dishonest in other areas. That my own belief.

I will add that in my own experience and the experience of others who teach college level courses, they are dummied down in the Jewish schools. I have spoken to colleagues outside my school and outside my geographic area.

Your reasoning about me saying my husband makes money because he has a good education implies that others who don't have a good education don't is bizarre. I never said there aren't richer people than us without education. There are even non-educated non-Jews who are wealthy.

I agree with your last paragraph. The poster is not aware that this is how the test scores are presented.

What is your deal ? Why do you keep telling her that her education is subpar? You know nothing about her . Leave her alone . It's great that you have a high I.q. but clearly you're lacking in בין אדם לחברו

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:20 pm
https://youtu.be/L5xge_pWb4E
Page 12 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12 Recent Topics