Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Need HIGH calorie recipes
1  2  3  Next

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 1:55 pm
My 13 year old daughter is severely underweight. We ruled out all medical causes. She just has a tiny appetite and has no pull towards food.

I'm looking for easy high calorie recipes that she can eat. She also doesn't like to spend time preparing and getting food ready.
I need some breakfast and lunch ideas that I can prep ahead of time and she can just grab on the way out.
Any really high calorie but healthy muffins or the like?

TIA

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 1:59 pm
These muffins are really good. The nutritional info is on the bottom of the page. They freeze well too. https://sallysbakingaddiction......fins/

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:02 pm
Also you can do smoothies with full fat yogurt, nut butters, avocados etc for healthy fats. Sometimes its easier to drink your calories then eat them.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:05 pm
Thanks so much. Gonna try the muffins.
She's a very very picky eater, so any drink that doesn't taste absolutely amazing is out.
Keep the ideas coming!

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:06 pm
Add oil to everything

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:07 pm
I make these for pesach sometimes my kids really like them https://elanaspantry.com/almon.....dies/

aliavi

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:09 pm
Add coconut oil and coconut flour in recipes. Nuts and nut butters are also good for fat and calories. I made DS overnight oatmeal for a couple of years that just needed to be warmed in the microwave. I would add coconut flakes and a drizzle of olive oil with cocoa powder.

I would be sure to give some sugars to stimulate the appetite. Even if you personally watch sugar intake or fat intake, let her have. If she’s not vegetarian, give plenty of beef. Avocado toast is another breakfast or snack option. Full fat dairy.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:11 pm
Eggs and nuts galore

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:12 pm
She doesn't like avocado or oatmeal Sad
It's crazy how picky of an eater she is!
We're also looking for some food ideas she can bring to school for lunch.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:13 pm
Pasta with a good sauce that involves heavy cream
Dairy stuff like cheese cake

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:22 pm
Thats a good idea. I could serve pasta for breakfast Smile

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:24 pm
My kids like the Normans creme yogurts. I buy them for shabbos because they have a lot of sugar and the price adds up but may be worth looking into.

aliavi

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:31 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I make these for pesach sometimes my kids really like them https://elanaspantry.com/almon.....dies/

I’m a big fan of that blog. Everything that I’ve tried comes out well. There is a recipe for baked scones that’s great. Orange dark chocolate or cranberry white chocolate. I use orange extract in both instead of vanilla.

If you don’t know, gluten free flours burn very easily. Best to cook at a lower temp for a bit longer.

exhausted

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 2:38 pm
Add almond flour and other ground nuts to your regular foods, even chopped meat etc. Serve her all the things people generally avoid on a regular basis, heavy cream sauces, rich milkshakes, unlimited nuts and granola bars. Good luck, BTDT, it's not easy!

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:51 pm
Thanks exhausted for your support!
It sounds so easy to serve high calorie food, but in theory it's very complicated.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:56 pm
Will she eat a grilled cheese for breakfast? You can coat the bread with mayo to make it really crispy and it amps up the calorie count.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 3:59 pm
Hi op!!! R u me??? I'm going thru the exact same thing as u! Except by me it's my 13.5 and 12 yr old daughters and they're not willing to try anything new. They're not developing at all yet and have a hard time gaining weight. It's so frustrating to me! I actually took them to a nutritionist to see if that would help but they weren't ready to try! I try to fry foods, and I bake fattening stuff all the time but to no avail:( they can subsist on snack bags, ice cream and chocolate with no problem good luck! I hope you are more successful than I was:(

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 4:02 pm
Peanut butter milk shake

4 reeses peanut butter cups (I think there is a cholev yisroel knock off now )
4 scoops chocolate ice cream
1 cup milk
1/4 c peanut butter
Blend all ingredients together.

685 calories. 21 g protein. 54 g carbs. 44 g fat . 45 mg cholesterol. 401 mg sodium

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 4:18 pm
When my grandparents got married, my grandfather who was very burly and strong like a male gymnast but 6'3 so more like a foot ball player but thinner (he could tear the yellow pages physically in half) would feed my grandmother who was 5'9 and 92 pounds a milk shake and two avocados every day. It didn't work much lol, but his mother told him to because they wanted her to be able to get pregnant right away (which happened anyways, and many ppl in our family are lanky like that) Some people are just thin, so as long as she is thriving in other ways, I wouldn't worry, but you can definitely try the milkshakes and avocados.

octopus

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 5:13 pm
amother wrote:
Peanut butter milk shake

4 reeses peanut butter cups (I think there is a cholev yisroel knock off now )
4 scoops chocolate ice cream
1 cup milk
1/4 c peanut butter
Blend all ingredients together.

685 calories. 21 g protein. 54 g carbs. 44 g fat . 45 mg cholesterol. 401 mg sodium

omg. that sounds delish.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen