Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What is your favorite generic or store-brand product?
1  2  Next

preciousmommy

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:52 pm
And which products do you only buy brand name?

I love Up&Up (Target) brand tissues. I buy the ultra soft 3-ply, and I think they're better than the name brand tissues. And cheaper is a plus!

I only buy Charmin toilet paper, and Bounty napkins/paper towels. I've tried a few off-brand ones and they're not worth it IMO!

mom!

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:53 pm
Up and Up diapers

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:57 pm
Up and up diapers and wipes

Only brand name:
Everything else TMI

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:59 pm
Wegman's whole roasted, salted cashews. Trader Joe's roasted almonds.

preciousmommy

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:08 pm
mom! wrote:
Up and Up diapers

I also like Up&Up diapers. I don't find them better than pampers, but basically just as good. And they're about half the price, so...

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:08 pm
Pretty much the only name brands I'm stuck on are Heinz ketchup and Hellmann's mayo. Everything else, I only buy name brand if it's on sale and close enough to generic pricing (or cheaper). I definitely have my preferences but I don't limit myself. I find that Publix store brand items are very high quality across the board.

esther36

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:21 pm
If u like up and up diapers u should try Aldi diapers they're even cheaper and better!
Kirkland ( Costco) baby wipes and flushable wipes are great, Costco diapers, up and up household cleansers are good too. Equate (Walmart) body washes r excellent. I'm also stuck on Heinz ketchup and Hellman's mayo but I have no prob buying store brand stuff otherwise and saving a bundle of money:)

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:26 pm
preciousmommy wrote:
And which products do you only buy brand name?

I love Up&Up (Target) brand tissues. I buy the ultra soft 3-ply, and I think they're better than the name brand tissues. And cheaper is a plus!

I only buy Charmin toilet paper, and Bounty napkins/paper towels. I've tried a few off-brand ones and they're not worth it IMO!

I agree on the bounty but Charmin caused a major sewage blockup the one time I bought it. I've been using angel soft since then but in the past few months they changed their production in some way and now it's basically like Scott. So toilet paper suggestions are welcome Cool

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:31 pm
How I miss the American Standard Dijon mustard, barbecue sauce and Italian dressing. They were the only store brand that had those items as delicious as Grey Poupon and KC Masterpiece. Now that they're gone, I have to pay full price for the brand names again. Smile

teachkids

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:32 pm
I'm pretty happy with target toilet paper. Also use their paper towels and tissues.
Big fan of Costco generics, many of their food options are amazing. I've also had great experiences with Costco toilet paper and paper towels.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:36 pm
UP and UP diapers, formula, moisturizer (that they stopped making and I'm so sad).
I like Walmarts diapers and wipes as well .
Market Pantry apple pie filling, and other baking ingredients.
Trader Joe's almonds, cashews, craisins etc.
Wegmans flavored seltzers

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:39 pm
It's interesting that I only like Haddar soy sauce. The other (name!) brands taste funny to me. And I hate store brought teriyaki sauce and can only make my own from my soy sauce (and I like the thin teriyaki from Haddar too, but it's a liquid and not a sauce so I don't end up buying it).

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:44 pm
I love the Up & Up ultra thin sanitary napkins with wings. Like Always but really inexpensive.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:46 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I love the Up & Up ultra thin sanitary napkins with wings. Like Always but really inexpensive.

Yes. I buy those too. It's literally the same as Always at half the price. Their tampons are great too.

aliavi

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 11:34 pm
Kleenex cottonelle toilet paper is a must. Cetaphil lotion instead of the so much cheaper generic Sad Dawn dish soap does the job of 8 bottles of generic soap, with my water anyway.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 11:39 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Yes. I buy those too. It's literally the same as Always at half the price. Their tampons are great too.

My sister refuses to use the Always ones! She says they irritate her. Growing up we preferred the up and up pads hands down!

OutATowner

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 11:50 pm
Generic: almost all foods except Cheerios; pads, wipes, lens solution, the lost is too long to name each thing...pretty much everything except what's listed below.
Name brand: shampoos, soaps, face wash, etc. cleaning products like Clorox spray

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 11:58 pm
I’ve been buying Aldi Cocoa pebbles called “cocoa rice “.
My ds who is very picky eats this cereal often.
One day I saw the real cocoa pebbles on sale. I decided I will treat my kids to a real box of chocolate cereal.
Ds son said it wasn’t good... he told me not to buy it again!

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 12:38 am
I buy Wal-Mart tissues (3 boxes for just under $3). Also Great value gallon size water bottles and individual size bottles. Great value garbage bags (13 gallon) and sandwich sized zip lock bags.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 1:16 am
Kirkland paper towels and napkins are really good imo.
Their silver foil and plastic wrap are great and last forever. Plus the plastic wrap has a little zipper to cut the plastic neatly.
If you eat ou fish, their frozen tilapia & salmon is amazing.
Hated their laundry detergent- for me it's only Tide lol.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics