Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o I LIKE boiled chicken!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

etky

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 7:22 am
debsey wrote:
OMG me too! Has to be red Twizzlers though.

If they're not hard, I put them in the freezer.

I treated my girls to red Twizzlers the other day.
They were the peel apart kind.
My younger DD said "these are good but I like the thicker ones better b/c they're harder" Can't Believe It

crust

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 7:33 am
debsey wrote:
OMG me too! Has to be red Twizzlers though.

If they're not hard, I put them in the freezer.

Debsey? I thought you were a health nut! (After you said your husband's cholent was a heart attack in a plate...) Smile

Ok really now- how do your teeth obey you to chew and grind frozen licorice?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:19 am
I never knew this was something people didn't like until others have told me eww, orange juice and seltzer. The funny thing is, my dh also likes and drinks it. A perfect match! Very Happy

My ds tried a sandwich of pickles and peanut butter because a friend of his eats it and loves it. Didn't go over too well for him. I've never tired it but peanut butter and a banana sandwich like Elvis ate, I heard is pretty good.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:26 am
yo'ma wrote:
I never knew this was something people didn't like until others have told me eww, orange juice and seltzer. The funny thing is, my dh also likes and drinks it. A perfect match! Very Happy

My ds tried a sandwich of pickles and peanut butter because a friend of his eats it and loves it. Didn't go over too well for him. I've never tired it but peanut butter and a banana sandwich like Elvis ate, I heard is pretty good.

The Elvis is amazing but to make it right, you need bacon. Its not just a sandwich, you dip it in egg and fry the whole thing like french toast.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:30 am
He-llooo!
A blob of Peanut butter licked right of a sooon? Nobody?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:34 am
amother wrote:
He-llooo!

Yes, with chocolate chips. An imitation peanut butter cup or a 500 calorie spoon. Surprised

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:58 am
Orange juice with seltzer is a normal drink in our home. I think it's actually quite common.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
He-llooo!

My young daughter eats this all the time. It's her treat!

new yorker

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
My mother in law can sometimes be found primly seated, napkin on lap, proper plate, dining on... A raw onion!
Snacktime!
I always hated raw onion, even in a salad. Ironically whenever I cut onions to fry, ds keeps on asking for pieces-he eats it like potato chips!

perquacky

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 1:47 pm
Melted chocolate ice cream. I like it before it melts too, but I usually let it sit in the bowl for a while and eat it like soup. Drives my kids crazy. But I'd order a milkshake over a scoop, so it's kind of the same thing.

mammale

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 3:01 pm
Frozen french fries

debsey

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 3:06 pm
crust wrote:
Debsey? I thought you were a health nut! (After you said your husband's cholent was a heart attack in a plate...) Smile

Ok really now- how do your teeth obey you to chew and grind frozen licorice?

I am a health nut!

I said I like it, not that I eat it. It's been about a year since I've had any (coincidentally, it's been about a year since I've been postpartum and miserable. Wink I'm weird - I can resist cravings during pregnancy, but when I'm postpartum and miserable, I just want sugar.)

I like it- IT definitely does not like me. I try to stay away from sugar.

But if I AM going to have sugar, and I have the choice between the most gourmet chocolate treat in the world, and stale licorice, I'd pick the stale licorice every time.

WastingTime

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 3:31 pm
[quote="dare2dream"]I like cantaloupe with cottage cheese. My husband thought it was pretty strange the first time I ate it but I grew up eating it this way and have always loved the combination.[/quot
e]

Didn't know this was 'weird' !!
I love it

WastingTime

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 3:33 pm
amother wrote:
My mother in law can sometimes be found primly seated, napkin on lap, proper plate, dining on... A raw onion!
Snacktime!

My grandmother used to do this too!!!

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 3:35 pm
I love frozen cake. Try it, its delicious!

Boca00

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 4:00 pm
Popped cheese. Put a slice of American Cheese in the microwave for approx one min.

I knew someone who fried slices of American cheese.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 4:43 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Popped cheese. Put a slice of American Cheese in the microwave for approx one min.

Baked parmesan crisps are delicious. They are just good shredded parmesan baked on silicon but they turn crispy like lacy crackers.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 4:51 pm
There nothing wrong with boiled chicken per se. As a matter of fact Poule Au Pot is a traditional French preparation of boiled chicken. However, the chicken is cooked lovingly and not boiled so that all of its essence and tenderness is given up :-) and leftover boiled chicken isn't cooked again but would be used in something that provides moistness in the preparation. Certainly it could be used as a sandwich filling.

Here's one version - Henri Soule was an early French chef who ran Le Pavillon in New York City which was actually an offshoot of a restaurant commissioned by the French for the 1939 World's Fair in New York City.

Henri Soule's Poule Au Pot

INGREDIENTS

1 3-pound chicken
3 carrots, scraped, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
3 ribs celery, trimmed, split lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
2 or 3 turnips (about half a pound), trimmed and cut into pieces about the same shape as the celery and carrots
1 cup leeks, white section only, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
1 fennel bulb, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 zucchini, trimmed, quartered and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
5 cups fresh or canned chicken broth
¼ cup rice
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Fresh chervil for garnish

PREPARATION
Truss the chicken and place it in a kettle. It should fit in the pot snugly or else too much water must be added and the soup will be weak and watery. Cover with water, and add carrots, celery, turnips, leeks, fennel and zucchini. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and drain well.

Return chicken to kettle; add chicken broth. Add all vegetables except zucchini. Simmer 20 minutes, uncovered. Add zucchini, simmer 5 minutes longer, skimming foam from top periodically.

Add rice, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is tender, about 10 minutes.

Untruss chicken. Cut it into serving pieces, serve in four hot soup bowls with equal amounts of vegetables and rice in each bowl. Garnish with fresh chervil, serve.

Last edited by Amarante on Fri, Jan 18 2019, 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

crust

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 7:39 pm
debsey wrote:
I am a health nut!

I said I like it, not that I eat it. It's been about a year since I've had any (coincidentally, it's been about a year since I've been postpartum and miserable. Wink I'm weird - I can resist cravings during pregnancy, but when I'm postpartum and miserable, I just want sugar.)

I like it- IT definitely does not like me. I try to stay away from sugar.

But if I AM going to have sugar, and I have the choice between the most gourmet chocolate treat in the world, and stale licorice, I'd pick the stale licorice every time.

I guess I'm chronically post partum. 🙈

honeymoon

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 7:45 pm
Boca00 wrote:

We do this too! Slices of american cheese in the frying pan.. delicious!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics