Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Post high school learning & college for boys

chana131

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 5:33 pm
My son is looking for a program where he can be in a yeshiva environment and learn part time while he takes college courses working toward a degree in some aspect of computers. He is open to almost anywhere in the US. He is going to look at IDT in Newark, possibly Landers. Yeshiva University is probably not for him. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 5:34 pm
HTC aka skokie yeshiva

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 9:01 am
Rabbi Gibber's yeshiva in Providence, RI (New England Rabbinical College). I don't think the boys start college right away, but many of the boys are enrolled in some type of college program.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 9:04 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 9:11 am
YU might be a good fit. that’s the set up.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 9:14 am
smileforamile wrote:
I think boys in Chofetz Chaim and Ner Yisroel do that.

I think Ner Yisroel used to do that, but I believed has all but discontinued the program (since so many new programs have opened up).

Choftez Chaim does not have a college program. While there might be branches of chafetz chaim that take bochurim who are also attending college, I don't think that's what's happening at the main one in Kew Gardens Hills. My neighbor is attending a Choftetz chaim affiliated bais medrash somewhere else in Queens that is geared towards bochurim attending college.

I don't know if it's still around, but at one point my cousin was at a place in Queens called Madregas Haadam, run by Rabbi Falkowitz. It was a "real yeshiva" program, with regular sedorim, etc... specifically geared towards bochurim who were also in Queens College at the time.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 9:14 am
smileforamile wrote:
I think boys in Chofetz Chaim and Ner Yisroel do that.

Chofetz Chaim boys can't really do that until they're older (if even then). The branches won't let you and you don't go to Queens until 3 years post high school.

Not sure what it's called but I heard there is a Yeshiva in Monsey that has what you're looking for.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 9:21 am
Rochester?

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
Choftez Chaim does not have a college program. While there might be branches of chafetz chaim that take bochurim who are also attending college, I don't think that's what's happening at the main one in Kew Gardens Hills. My neighbor is attending a Choftetz chaim affiliated bais medrash somewhere else in Queens that is geared towards bochurim attending college.

I forgot about that one. It's called Mayan, its in Richmond Hill. Don't know the boys at all but the Rebbeim there are amazing.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 12:53 am
Any other ideas? Particularly interested in NY area. What post high school yeshivas have boys that take college classes also? For example at Queens college?

I know YU and Lander's, but right now am interested in learning about yeshivas.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 2:56 am
Shor yashuv in the five towns has college boys and I’m sure there are more here as well. Torah vadas in Brooklyn also has and rabbi Yisroel reisman gives the shiur. Most boys are in touro flatbush.

amother
White

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:43 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Chofetz Chaim boys can't really do that until they're older (if even then). The branches won't let you and you don't go to Queens until 3 years post high school.

Not sure what it's called but I heard there is a Yeshiva in Monsey that has what you're looking for.

Do you have any info about this yeshiva in Monsey?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics