Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos chaya BP
1  2  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 3:40 pm
Does anyone have info about bnos chaya in bp? What’s the parent body? What type? How big are the classrooms? Are mother’s allowed to drive? Debating between Gan Yisroel and bnos chaya. What’s the difference? Both are neutral chassidish. Any info would be helpful.

mom24.7

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 4:03 pm
Bnos chaya is definitely more chassidish than gan yisroel. It's similar to tomer devorah and even bais sura. Some parents go covered and some not. Black tights is ok. Not sure about the driving.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 4:28 pm
Why is Gan Yisroel considered less chassidish??

mom24.7

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 4:41 pm
Frum bais yakov type or regular bais yakov type send to gan yisroel. There are even some pretty modern parents. You won't find that in bnos chaya. It's like td.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 4:44 pm
Thank you so much! Do you know how many girls are in a classroom in bnos chaya? If anyone has more info would be really helpful.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 4:51 pm
They're really strict about kosher phones; needs to be filtered by a specific filtering company (TAG isn't enough).

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 4:56 pm
What about mother’s driving??

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 6:33 pm
Bump
Anyone from here sending there??

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 6:51 pm
Quote:
They're really strict about kosher phones; needs to be filtered by a specific filtering company (TAG isn't enough).

Do you mean Machane Kadosh?

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 4:08 am
Mothers may drive

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:07 am
Bump again... anyone please??!!

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:14 am
Brooklyn schools generally don't have a no driving rule because it's not as applicable in Monsey (I.e. people just don't need to drive as much and no concept of "let's move here to be cool and drive" disclaimer, I don't agree with that statement, but it is prevalent enough to worth mentioning). Bnos Chaya is like the old TD or like Bais Sura. My cousin who wears a covered shaitel sends her daughters there. She was also considering Bais Sura and Pupa if that helps. If you have some specific questions I can try to ask her.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 15 2021, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:30 am
Interesting why did she choose bnos chaya over bais sura and pupa?? Is she happy there? How big are the classrooms?

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 9:15 am
My daughters were there until we moved.

Best school ever! We miss it every day. Their new school doesn’t begin to compare.

The only issue is that they have very few slots available. They got more than 150 applications for only 8 slots for the upcoming nursery class.

And yes. The parent body is awesome. The finest and nicest people around. Oh how we miss that place!

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 5:27 pm
nchr wrote:
Brooklyn schools generally don't have a no driving rule because it's not as applicable in Monsey (I.e. people just don't need to drive as much and no concept of "let's move here to be cool and drive" disclaimer, I don't agree with that statement, but it is prevalent enough to worth mentioning). Bnos Chaya is like the old TD or like Bais Sura. My cousin who wears a covered shaitel sends her daughters there. She was also considering Bais Sura and Pupa if that helps. If you have some specific questions I can try to ask her.

Not true... bais sura, pupa and other mainstream chassidish schools have an official no driving rule... that’s why I want to know if bnos chaya also has it?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 5:43 pm
amother wrote:
Not true... bais sura, pupa and other mainstream chassidish schools have an official no driving rule... that’s why I want to know if bnos chaya also has it?

I know Bais Sara parents who drive. And as a parent myself, I was never asked if I drive.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 6:53 pm
amother wrote:

Bais Sarah does not have an official rule of no driving, but I know they frown on it, even call you in, if you are very obvious about it, like parking right in front.
I'm a parent, btw.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 7:32 pm
[quote="amother"]Not true...

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:
I know Bais Sara parents who drive. And as a parent myself, I was never asked if I drive.

By the interview, I was asked if I drive, and whether I’d be willing to give it up. In the end I got my daughter into my first choice school so it didn’t matter.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 7:39 pm
amother wrote:
Interesting why did she choose bnos chaya over bais sura and pupa?? Is she happy there? How big are the classrooms?

She says ultimately her husband did not want Pupa and she had a lot of friends/neighbors with kids in Bais Sura and she wanted her children to have a different peer group. She is very happy and really likes the parent body.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 15 2021, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics