Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Delicious dessert for shabbos day

minnie mouse

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 4:33 pm
I'm looking for a delicious dessert for shabbos lunch. One of my guests is allergic to eggs. I'd like it to be egg free.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 4:49 pm
Having one egg-anaphylactic child at home, I have recipes for you!!!! But I'm at work now, so it will have to wait.
In the meantime, you can search your favourite search engine for 'vegan' cakes or 'vegan deserts' for inspiration.

Also, there are egg substitutes you can use, such as applesauce or ground flax seed mixed with a small amount of water (however not all baked goods taste good with flax seed).

Ima03

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 5:10 pm
As a mother of children who used to be allergic to eggs, I learned a neat trick.
It works best on cakes and the texture will be a bit more crumbly, but for every egg (up to 3-4 eggs) use a TBSP of vinegar, TBSP of water and tsp of baking soda. You can use your regular cake recipe, but note it will need a bit more bake time.

oneofakind

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 6:02 pm
Apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. I make my own ice cream with coffee creamer and whip-no eggs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics