Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me style sneakers

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:52 pm
Hey ladies Hi

I need to start wearing sneakers due to plantar fasciitis Confused Haven't worn sneakers really since my camp days...is there any way to wear it while looking 'put together' that does not include wearing it with leggings + some skin showing? My general style is classy...like how can I wear sneakers with a short skirt? Don't be shy now with your wonderful suggestions šŸ˜š thanks ladies!!

Fabulous

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:54 pm
First of all, the best sneakers for that is the 800 or 900 series of new balance and they are quite clunky Sad. I have found that tomā€™s Avalon work ok as well in a pinch.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 7:59 pm
Fabulous wrote:
First of all, the best sneakers for that is the 800 or 900 series of new balance and they are quite clunky Sad. I have found that tomā€™s Avalon work ok as well in a pinch.

Thanks for your response fabulous! The new balance ones don't even look so clunky to me šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø to me that's what a sneaker is no?? The Tom's ones don't even really look like sneakers to me. Would those help plantar fasciitis at all?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 8:00 pm
Try these? Also good for plantar fasciitis, and don't look so sneakery. (I got them for overpronation.)
https://www.vionicshoes.com/bl......html

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 8:06 pm
amother wrote:
Try these? Also good for plantar fasciitis, and don't look so sneakery. (I got them for overpronation.)
https://www.vionicshoes.com/bl......html

I like them!

Can I wear them with black tights and a short skirt?

Or no more short skirts now with sneakers?

flmommy

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 8:32 pm
Macyā€™s has tons of cute sneakers.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 10:00 pm
I have plantar fasciitis too... and my Dr. recommended these inserts. They are amazing and really work! And you can use them in shoes too, not just sneakers.

Powerstep Original Orthotics-U, Blue/Black, Menā€™s 6-6.5, Womenā€™s 8-8.5
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005.....3QCMB

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 12:15 am
all the frum teens are wearing knee length flary (or pencil) skirts, black leggings, thick ankle socks over the leggings, (either white, grey or if youā€™re really bold a cute pattern) with sneakers, usually black ones like ā€œNike rocheā€ or similar

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 2:36 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for your response fabulous! The new balance ones don't even look so clunky to me šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø to me that's what a sneaker is no?? The Tom's ones don't even really look like sneakers to me. Would those help plantar fasciitis at all?

Yes regular new balance are fine but they didnā€™t work for me and the podiatrist specific the 893 or 9something. Very expensive and clunky. There are much cuter, lighter sneakers out there. The toms give support but not as much as sneakers obviously. The vionic shoes I found ok, but not really for every day when you are really suffering. Others have told me that they have success with dr schollā€™s as well

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:38 am
https://www.kurufootwear.com/w......html

This brand is MADE for plantar fasciitis! I have a few and they are a life saver. They have more than sneakers. I hope this helps.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 7:11 pm
Thank you SO much everyone!!!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 9:08 pm
In my neighborhood no leggings. Many women wear short skirts with tights & sneakers

meme6

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 5:38 am
I wear clunky new balance sneakers at home all the time. Why donā€™t you get a good sneaker for ur issue for at home and a more classy sneaker for goin out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics