Home

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

imasoftov

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:52 am
Mevater wrote:
Thats not funny.

I wasn't going for laughs, but I'm curious why you thought I was.

imasoftov

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:57 am
smileforamile wrote:
Delete

I'm so curious about these deleted posts which smileforamile seems to have deleted herself. All five of her posts in this thread including the one that started it.

sushilover

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:10 am
I didn't read the whole thread yet, but I wanted to say this:
AOC is the Donald Trump of the Democratic party.

She is loud. Abrasive. Somehow gives the feeling of being one of the people. Authentic. Inarticulate, yet a great communicator. Excellent at PR. Great for generating headlines. Divisive. Has associations with prejudice(Not enough to be certain . Most people will givethe benefit of the doubt depending on whether they like AOC/Trump's politics. Others will call them hitler. Simple bias confirmation.)

PinkFridge

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:19 am
sushilover wrote:

She is loud. Abrasive. Somehow gives the feeling of being one of the people. Authentic. Inarticulate, yet a great communicator. Excellent at PR. Great for generating headlines. Divisive. Has associations with prejudice(Not enough to be certain . Most people will givethe benefit of the doubt depending on whether they like AOC/Trump's politics. Others will call them hitler. Simple bias confirmation.)

Interesting, and scary. Because I've long said that if it would fit with my theology, I would definitely assume that Trump made a deal with the devil because that would be the only thing that would explain his Teflonness and meteoric rise and managing to best every single Republican primary candidate, some of whom were quite formidable. (B"H I live with concepts like hashgacha pratis, Hashem running the world and guiding history, and more.)

Now you make me wonder if AOC is some sort of zeh le'umas zeh figure whom we'll see much much more of.

marina

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:20 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
Fox: I love your posts. You really have a lot of information and express your ideas so clearly. I would love to see you running for office—I am serious.
Marina: That’s very funny Smile I was just about to ask you what your take on AOC is. I like some ideas like healthcare and all, but she doesn’t really seem to know what she is talking about so it’s hard to take her seriously. What do you think of her?
Gold21: Totally. It’s funny how both sides of the aisle today immediately jump to labeling every other person a Nazi.

Thanks for asking! I think she’s young and idealistic but also misguided and inexperienced... that said, I like her energy. Will wait to see how she grows and develops as a congressperson before I judge further.

Squishy

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:21 am
sushilover wrote:

I believe she studied Trump and Hitler. There are things Hitler did correct like NLP - neuro linguistic programming in his rise to power. She also has a s€xy body which makes her physically appealing.

dancingqueen

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:30 am
gold21 wrote:
I'm not a fan of hers at all. I don't like her, not one bit. But the comparisons to Hitler are disgusting. Shameful. Unacceptable.

What she said, though I don’t dislike AOC as much, I like some things about her, but overall I’m not a huge fan. But comparing her to Hitler is beyond the pale. And ironically, those are probably the same posters who got outraged when Trump was compared to Hitler (also OTT for the record).

I agree that she and trump share some characteristics and techniques.

Squishy

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:54 am
dancingqueen wrote:
What she said, though I don’t dislike AOC as much, I like some things about her, but overall I’m not a huge fan. But comparing her to Hitler is beyond the pale. And ironically, those are probably the same posters who got outraged when Trump was compared to Hitler (also OTT for the record).

I agree that she and trump share some characteristics and techniques.

I compare her to Hitler in that an obscure painter with charisma came to power outside traditional avenues. He was there in the right place and time. He convinced the aryan people that he spoke for them when he didn't look like them. He looked more like the people he was murdering.

AOC was an unknown bartender that lived a privileged life in Westchester and had a private school education. She also rose to national prominence because it is the right time. She also is more like the people she is disparaging. She has an expensive wardrobe even before her congressional salary.

I am not saying she is a murderer or has extermination plans, but she is dangerous with her radical ideas and her ability to get people to follow her.

dancingqueen

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 10:48 pm
Squishy wrote:
I compare her to Hitler in that an obscure painter with charisma came to power outside traditional avenues. He was there in the right place and time. He convinced the aryan people that he spoke for them when he didn't look like them. He looked more like the people he was murdering.

AOC was an unknown bartender that lived a privileged life in Westchester and had a private school education. She also rose to national prominence because it is the right time. She also is more like the people she is disparaging. She has an expensive wardrobe even before her congressional salary.

I am not saying she is a murderer or has extermination plans, but she is dangerous with her radical ideas and her ability to get people to follow her.

Eh, I’m not seeing the parallel so much but say that you do. Do you not also see the parallel between AOC and Trump? And what do you think of people who compare trump to hitler?

Squishy

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:05 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Eh, I’m not seeing the parallel so much but say that you do. Do you not also see the parallel between AOC and Trump? And what do you think of people who compare trump to hitler?

As an aside, I thought the thread title was funny with your screen name.

Trump didn't rise from obscurity to enter politics. Trump was highly praised by the same folks who savage him now.

People who compare Trump to Hitler are demeaning victims of the Holocaust. The are a bunch of hysterical folks who distort the truth every chance they get. Pictures of kids in cages prove he is Hitler only those pictures were from the Obama era. The people comparing Trump to Hitler are not speaking of his charisma.

What they miss is his appeal to the working Joe. Trump looks to the interest of his fellow Americans first. I am glad of all the indicators that show minority Americans are better off under Trump. The big losers are businesses that thrive from cheap labor. That same cheap labor hurts Americans.

Keeping illegal immigrants out is not the same as murdering your fellow countrymen and denying your fellow countrymen liberties.

Mevater

Post  Tue, Jan 22 2019, 8:20 am
Squishy wrote:
She also has a s€xy body which makes her physically appealing.

I agree. I saw her on Stephen Colbert tonight.

Imho, looks-wise and personality-wise, she outdoes most of the actresses and models around today, by far. She has that winning combination and an amazing smile. Smart cookie. She wows the crowd. She is really a vivacious beauty. I watched the interaction between her and Stephen Colbert and I felt even he, who meets loads of celebrities, was "(s)excited" to be talking to her.

Unfortunately this is the kind of person that more easily influences people.

Mevater

Post  Wed, Jan 23 2019, 2:57 pm
Update: If she continues her mad outbursts about the world ending in 12 years because of climate change, she will lose much of her credibility. Im sure she has a fan club for this attitude, but imho she will lose more popularity than she gains.

PinkFridge

Post  Wed, Jan 23 2019, 3:01 pm
Can you imagined a few years from now, both AOC and DJT washed up on Dancing With The Stars?

Squishy

Post  Wed, Jan 23 2019, 3:12 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Can you imagined a few years from now, both AOC and DJT washed up on Dancing With The Stars?

As long as they keep their filthy mouths shut, they can dance all they want.

PinkFridge

Post  Wed, Jan 23 2019, 3:15 pm
You know, people tend to think, gotta hold onto this clip for when AOC runs again and play it endlessly.
Trump provided ample material during the campaign. Hashem runs the world.

zaq

Post  Thu, Jan 24 2019, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
Is there a word 'imbacilism'????
If there were, it would be with an 'e' anyway.
'Were' there accomodations. Not 'was'.

And maybe a native English speaker could tell me, but shouldn't it be 'anyone as foolish as she'?

I never point out mistakes, but if you are going to use your academic credentials to insult others, at least use proper English.

You’re not a native speaker of English? You had me fooled. You are also correct on all counts.

amother

Powderblue

Post  Thu, Jan 24 2019, 2:14 pm
Squishy wrote:
No she followed Trump's model. She is dangerous. I compare her to Hitler. I don't think she is overly bright, but she doesn't have to be. She allies herself with antisemites. But then again, so did women on this site and never renounced them.

I only hope Crowly starts campaigning now for his seat back. I would donate.

This lady is as phoney as Megan. She was a member of the country club and reinvented herself.

Trump said it perfectly, "who?".

You belittle the Holocaust and World War II, and the tens of millions of people who died, by comparing a very junior representative to Hitler.

You rant and rail against people who object to Trump, but you compare a woman who is one of 435 Representatives -- and a very junior one at that -- to someone who murdered 6 million of your brothers and sisters. Conflating political disagreement to the Holocaust.

amother

Powderblue

Post  Thu, Jan 24 2019, 2:20 pm
itsmeima wrote:
Steve King has been open about his views for years now, help me understand why now - why did it take so long?

Also, can you help me understand - why should they support Israel?

TIA

At the Republican National Convention in 2016, King claimed that nonwhite groups haven’t contributed as much as whites to civilization: “This whole business does get a little tired. I would ask you to go back through history and figure out where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people you are talking about. Where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?”

Not a peep from the convention.

A few days later, he told WaPo, “The idea of multiculturalism, that every culture is equal — that’s not objectively true … We’ve been fed that information for the past 25 years, and we’re not going to become a greater nation if we continue to do that.”

No outrage from Republicans.

Then he tweeted “Cultural suicide by demographic transformation must end.”

Crickets.

There's more.

Republicans reacted to the increasing outrage of others to King's racism, not to the racism itself.

amother

Powderblue

Post  Thu, Jan 24 2019, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:
Ask yourself why people sometimes have to wait months to have surgery in Canada. Why people are always coming to the US for complicated surgery. Yes, people in the UK and Canada come here. I don't see anyone from here going to another country to have anything done (other than cheap plastic surgery in Mexico which is a hazard and a whole 'nother story).

Actually ....

https://psmag.com/economics/me.....-in-mexico

And while Canada does have long waits, there are a lot of people in the US who don't get treatment due to cost. Me, I have knee problems. I can't afford the cost of the MRI, even with excellent health insurance, so I guess I'll be limping until I win the lottery.

And its widely reported that the high cost of insulin has caused many diabetics to cut back.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/h.....-cut-back/
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Recent Topics

Page 7 of 7 View latest: 24h 48h 72h