Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Remove sideburns or not?Delete

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:08 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 8:00 am
I dont know about the side burn thing, but I used to keep breaking out for a week or so, what helped was I put on no moisturizer before going for a waxing and no creams or moisteruizers after (sometimes they give you a cream to soothe it, dont put it on)

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 8:09 am
You can do Lazer for the sideburns

dankbar

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 8:33 am
Waxing kills by sideburns

hodeez

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 8:42 am
Epilate

mom!

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:26 am
I did laser for the same reasons you mentioned above and I am thrilled beyond that I did so. In the beginning I did about 4-5 times a year and as time went on, less and less. It is painful (and I have a zero pain tolerance level) but once I leave, I am always happy. If you are in Lakewood and need a name of who I used (excellent, excellent) please pm me,

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:15 pm
I also need to take of side burns and very low hairline on sides of forehead. Hair is almost all white and a bit black left. I was thinking electrolysis. Can you tell me pros/cons of each including expense and commitment?

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:31 pm
dankbar wrote:
Waxing kills by sideburns

I disagree. I had them done for an updo wig I wanted to wear for a Simcha. It takes literally 2 seconds....

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:35 pm
That's a thing?? no way unless there's a real prob

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:43 pm
Totally relate. I have been coloring my grey (just little bits) for years but recently had some pimples on scalp & was afraid to irritate. So I decided to shave my peyos! Also a couple of spots at the temple where there was a lot of grey. I do try to keep it all covered but if a hair is going to sneak out, it better not be a gray one!

Well, the problem with shaving is you need to keep it up, but I do it mainly when I'm going to a simcha as I'm not as self-conscious for my daily routine.

Also I suspect that if the tichel does slip a bit, it looks like I shave my head! when in fact I've grown out my hair halfway down my back (and it's still nice, and I put it up in a rounded bun so when I take it down it has nice waves! Not that anyone (!) is noticing but for myself!)

I had my eyebrows waxed ONCE! That was it for me. Going for a facial is as much pain as I'm going to put myself in on purpose. Also once the hair is grey I understand you can't do laser.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics