Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Foil pans?

lylac

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:01 pm
Anyone have any good ideas for keeping foil pans in an orderly fashion? I have so many different sizes of pans and tops, and they're always falling all over the place!

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:26 pm
To the extent possible, I nest them — smaller on top of larger. I have 9" round pans on top of some rectangular pans on top of some fish broiler pans on top of the lids for the rectangular pans. Small loaf pans on top of larger loaf pans. If you keep the foil pans in a cabinet or a pantry and you have a lot of sizes, try adding another shelf — that will effectively double the space you have for the bottom-most layer and will be less likely to topple.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:26 pm
I limit the amount of sizes I generally use so that I don't have a big jumble. I nest and stack them as much as possible too in an upper cabinet that has space but is narrow so they're not jumbled about.
And the flat cookie sheets I keep in the drawer below the oven.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 12:15 am
I keep them nested in the drawer under my oven.

lylac

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 12:17 pm
Keeping them in the drawer under the oven is really a great place! Never thought of it, I always have them on a shelf, but even with the nesting, I find the lids falling and inevitably, something doesn't fit, going to try the oven, thank you!

iammom

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 1:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I limit the amount of sizes I generally use so that I don't have a big jumble. I nest and stack them as much as possible too in an upper cabinet that has space but is narrow so they're not jumbled about.
And the flat cookie sheets I keep in the drawer below the oven.

Slightly off tangent, I find that the things I store in the drawer under the oven somehow get dirty. I barely open it so how does the dirt and even grime get there?

The things I store there are always wrapped or covered in paper towels so I don’t have to wash the them.

mom!

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 1:06 pm
I keep a few of each type on the top shelf in my pantry, trying to stack as much as possible. The ones I stock up on, I leave in my storage closet off my kitchen.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 2:53 pm
iammom wrote:
Slightly off tangent, I find that the things I store in the drawer under the oven somehow get dirty. I barely open it so how does the dirt and even grime get there?

The things I store there are always wrapped or covered in paper towels so I don’t have to wash the them.

I wipe down the inside of that drawer whenever I wipe down the oven. It doesn't get dirty but I do find some random crumbs which I wipe away with a damp cloth so they cling to it and can be removed easily.
Because it's only 1 stack of 1 size pan, it's easy to remove, shake off, and wipe down bottom of drawer.
The crumbs come from the venting holes on the oven floor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics