Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Highend luxurios kosher vacation
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:49 pm
Yes I went to vale with them. Want to go to banff.

shoshi2222

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:
why do you need a vacation if you just came back from a 3 week vacation?

Lol. That was summer. And always on the lookout for the next one

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:51 pm
OP, you need a high end vacation from your high end vacation??

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:25 pm
It doesn't exist in the US full-time because there's not enough customers to support such a business model. The Jerusalem Waldorf is in a destination that people visit from all over the world every day of the year.

There's no equivalent place in the US. As others have said, there are periodic high-end programs - many over Pesach, KMR in summer and winter, and occasionally others that are advertised.

Most families with 7 kids are travelling at those times anyway, because that's when their kids have off from school. If you need to get away at other times, your best bet is to stay at a 5-star hotel in a city with many kosher hotels (e.g. NY, LA, Miami, Chicago). If you contact the concierge in advance, they should be able to get you some onsite options.

For further brainstorming, I'd advise you to check out the Dansdeals Forums, specifically the subforums for Trip Reports and Destination Guides/Trip Planning. You'd be surprised at the kosher experiences people have been able to arrange in places like the Maldives, etc. with some creative thinking, advance planning, and a healthy budget.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:31 pm
Book the Hyatt Ziva through Kosher Luxus in Cancun.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:36 pm
shoshi2222 wrote:
Thanks. Not looking for yom tov. Kmr is the best us option. I figured. Have you been to vail with them?

I was in vail with KMR last summer

1untamedgirl

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:42 pm
shoshi2222 wrote:
So we just finished a 3 wk vacation at the Waldorf in jerusalem. Was ok. Wasn't the Waldorf on park but it did the job.
Why cant there be a highend koshe hotel in the us ? Isn't there enough of a demand? To go somewhere with 7 kids and have to eat 3 meals out, early am, coffee late night hunger etc. Annoying.

How about Mexico? This place may be what you are looking for-- https://www.totallyjewishtrave.....exico

Or look through these hotels and see if anything appeals to you-- https://www.totallyjewishtrave.....orts/

1untamedgirl

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:46 pm
Check out the Flamingo as well-- http://www.flamingokosher.com/

essie14

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:51 pm
I second the dansdeals forums. I love reading about how people have gone on great vacations and stay in some amazing hotels and they seem to also do well with food.

From my own personal experience, I would say Rome. Book whatever 5 star hotel you like (I can’t remember where we stayed but it was INCREDIBLE.) the kosher restaurants are all in one area so it’s easy to get there every day. We had coffee and instant oatmeal (brought with us) and fresh fruit every morning in the hotel. (It didn’t bother us not to have a fancy breakfast)

Go to the restaurants for your meals and fit in the touring in between. You can organize breakfast and lunch the night before all-day excursions and keep the food in your suite.

I’ve never been but I feel like maybe Paris could be the same.

There’s always the Ritz in Herzliya and Beresheet in Mitzpe Ramon if you do choose Israel and don’t want the Waldorf or David citadel.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:59 pm
Hi!
I was recently staying at the Waldorf in Jerusalem... we actually stayed in a suite there. It was beautiful! Breakfast was probably the best part of my day😊!
So, I know what you mean... you come back to real life and then after a while you crave another getaway.
The simple answer is... no! There are no kosher 5 star hotels in the tri state area. Which is why it would be to your benefit to take advantage when there is an arranged weekend at a 5 star hotel. This coming shabbos there are a few events which would probably be so enjoyable for your kids. One is taking place at the Hilton, one at the Hyatt and one at the ocean resort. Why wouldn’t you want to go?
Aside for traveling out of the United States, as someone mentioned, you can drive to New Hampshire for a 5 star kosher hotel.
In Brooklyn there is the Avenue Plaza hotel. Not sure but I think they send breakfast to the room... although I don’t think they have a room large enough for your family.
So you either get on a plane.. or take advantage when there is something available in our area. How about going to Florida??? Or California?

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 12:28 am
http://arlingtonhotelnh.com/

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 12:41 am
Maybe a cruise?

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 1:22 am
There are kosher villas you can rent in Tuscany. Several have excellent on-site kosher restaurants.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:32 am
doodlesmom wrote:
Maybe a cruise?

We did kosherica and KMR (Vail) and were not impressed with the level of customer service on kosherica, though the food was good. KMR was out of this world. Not just that every single dish was amazing but their attention to detail, customer satisfaction, variety, and yes their Shabbos menu was insane.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 4:49 am
http://bespokekoshertravel.com/

http://www.hermolis.com/

essie14

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 4:55 am
https://koshertravelers.com/
www.Keshertours.com

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:27 am
shoshi2222 wrote:
That's even more of a shlep ! I'm on vaca I don't want to see a pot or pan or the inside of a kitchen , lol

Why don't you stay in a nice house or villa?
The chef will do everything; all you will see is the end product.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:46 am
shoshi2222 wrote:
So we just finished a 3 wk vacation at the Waldorf in jerusalem. Was ok. Wasn't the Waldorf on park but it did the job.
Why cant there be a highend koshe hotel in the us ? Isn't there enough of a demand? To go somewhere with 7 kids and have to eat 3 meals out, early am, coffee late night hunger etc. Annoying.

I’m sorry you find it annoying. The truth of the matter is that there isn’t clientele to justify a hotel in the states like you’re describing. Like someone else said, Israel is a central meeting ground for all kosher tourists. Therefore, they have the business to justify the existence of such an establishment. A frum family who is wealthy enough to go on vacations at their whim (ie, not during a planned trip/chag), wealthy enough to bring 7 kids plus a nanny (thats 10 people!), and on a more frequent basis than a “once in a lifetime” experince... I cant imagine there are too many of you in the world! The planned trips exist because they need to gather the few clientele who can afford such a thing. It sounds like you have been blessed with wealth (BH! Enjoy it!) but dont have an understanding of the majority of the community in which you live.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 8:06 am
amother wrote:
Im Kind of glad there's not too many of those people. Can't Believe It

I’m thankful for them! They give the tzedakka that people like me need sometimes! They keep our schools and kollels running, etc. HKBH should bless them.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:07 am
What I don’t get is how she doesn’t see that between the 7k a person Pesach vacations (where you could most certainly get the biggest and best suites, fly first class to/from, and engage in ‘high end’ activities and excursions once there) and the summer and winter programs (same!!) and the fabulous European programs in high end ski resorts and summer chalets, how none of that is good or high end ‘enough’ I don’t care what wealthy community you live in, it’s critical to realize this: you are in a minority. And I don’t mean that in terms of OPs high vacation budget, I mean that she’s so unimpressed with what’s out there and in such disbelief that she’s the only one.

Come back down to Earth, OP. There’s lots to see and do among the regular folk that you might enjoy if you weren’t so busy [...]
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics