Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Please help me - 12 y.o. son has Kriah problems
Previous  1  2

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:54 pm
amother wrote:
I googled a bit and came up with this. Apparently the Israeli program mentioned above now has a Lakewood branch that opened up just recently? Does anyone have firsthand experience with them yet?

https://hamodia.com/2018/12/23.....ines/

Wow OP give them a call. Hope they’re as good as the one my son went to. Rav Bernshtein was phenomenal & my DS loved him.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 10:28 pm
Is the place in Israel also called brownstein/braunstein? Somthing like that? Someone had referred us to this program in Israel.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 10:30 pm
amother wrote:
Is the place in Israel also called brownstein/braunstein? Somthing like that? Someone had referred us to this program in Israel.

I think you mean Bernshtein

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 10:34 pm
OP, I know someone who has severe dyslexia and was helped with prism glasses. You owe it to your child to at least do an evaluation, in my opinion.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:26 am
OP here. I wanted to update in case it'll help others. This past winter and spring I tutored my son intensively myself using the Seder Kriah books. I think they used to be called Kriah Master - somebody posted on this thread about them - thank you so much for the suggestion! BH he made tremendous progress and now can decode multisyllabic words very well. He knows all his osios and nekudos really well BH. Now we're moving on to working on teitching. I just bought materials meant for 1st graders that teach shorashim, prefixes, and suffixes. He's really happy to see the progress he's made, and carries himself differently BH. He also did really well leining by his bar mitzvah BH! I hope to update this thread later in the year to report how things are going with the teitching, in case it might help others.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics