Home

Fake News—Why is the liberal media almost silent on this?
1, 2  Next

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Cheiny

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:05 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18.....index.html

The liberal media was going wild with this last week, when the (bogus) story was first reported. Talk of impeachment abounded (even more than before, that is) and the media was basically foaming at the mouth with glee and anticipation...only to be informed it was FAKE NEWS. This would certainly justify what the president has been saying all along (not that most of us needed any more proof of the blatant bias against him). Now the mainstream media is basically silent on it, and on to their other mantra of, “Let’s see what the Mueller report will say.” What a black eye for them. One would hope their supporters would have the honesty and clarity to finally see the situation for what it is. It’s not DACA, it’s not compassion for illegal (“undocumented”) immigrants, it’s not the shutdown, it’s not any of Pres. Trump’s policies; it’s merely hatred of him, and a wish to wrest power away so democrats can take over.

ectomorph

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:14 pm
Its very hard to own up to mistakes.

amother

Cobalt

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:17 pm
Cheiny wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/mueller-statement-buzzfeed/index.html

The liberal media was going wild with this last week, when the (bogus) story was first reported. Talk of impeachment abounded (even more than before, that is) and the media was basically foaming at the mouth with glee and anticipation...only to be informed it was FAKE NEWS. This would certainly justify what the president has been saying all along (not that most of us needed any more proof of the blatant bias against him). Now the mainstream media is basically silent on it, and on to their other mantra of, “Let’s see what the Mueller report will say.” What a black eye for them. One would hope their supporters would have the honesty and clarity to finally see the situation for what it is. It’s not DACA, it’s not compassion for illegal (“undocumented”) immigrants, it’s not the shutdown, it’s not any of Pres. Trump’s policies; it’s merely hatred of him, and a wish to wrest power away so democrats can take over.

You're quoting a story from CNN to demonstrate that the "liberal media" isn't reporting on something?

And Buzz Feed is standing by its story. So I guess we'll eventually see if its accurate.

Fox

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:20 pm
amother wrote:
And Buzz Feed is standing by its story. So I guess we'll eventually see if its accurate.

We'll see how that goes for them, given that Robert Mueller has debunked the story.

On the other hand, I really like their cat videos -- especially the "Dear Kitten" ones!

amother

Cobalt

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:31 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Its very hard to own up to mistakes.

Yeah. I know.

After all, Mexico isn't paying for the wall, and your beloved president denies that he ever said they would -- even though he's on tape saying that it would.

And he's now admitting that he was in talks with Russia about real estate dealings until immediately before the election, when he previously claimed no Russia dealings.

There are literally thousands of these lies. "Every single Democrat in the U.S. Senate has signed up for the open borders, and it's a bill, it's called the ‘open borders bill.’ What's going on? And it's written by, guess who? Dianne Feinstein," Trump said Oct. 6 in Topeka. No such bill exists. Oops. Feinstein did introduce a bill to prohibit federal agents and officers from separating a child from a parent or legal guardian at or near a port of entry or within 100 miles of U.S. borders. Separations would be allowed under specific circumstances: if the child is a victim of trafficking or at significant risk of it; if there's a strong likelihood that the adult is not the parent; or if the child is in danger of abuse or neglect. State courts and state or county child welfare agencies could also separate a child from a parent if it's in the child's best interest.

He said "U.S. Steel just announced that they are building six new steel mills." But they didn't. And they're not.

Shall I continue?

And he's never owned up to a single lie ... mistake.

Fox

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:
Yeah. I know.

After all, Mexico isn't paying for the wall, and your beloved president denies that he ever said they would -- even though he's on tape saying that it would.

How is Trump related to this thread, except tangentially as the subject of the story?

ectomorph

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:49 pm
Ok, so trump lies make the media lies ok?

And I'm not quoting you because I've decided to avoid directly responding to amothers.

At least you admit the media lies.

naturalmom5

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:54 pm
amother wrote:
Yeah. I know.

And he's now admitting that he was in talks with Russia about real estate dealings until immediately before the election, when he previously claimed no Russia dealings.

There are literally thousands of these lies. "Every single Democrat in the U.S. Senate has signed up for the open borders, and it's a bill, it's called the ‘open borders bill.’ What's going on? And it's written by, guess who? Dianne Feinstein," Trump said Oct. 6 in Topeka. No such bill exists. Oops. Feinstein did introduce a bill to prohibit federal agents and officers from separating a child from a parent or legal guardian at or near a port of entry or within 100 miles of U.S. borders. Separations would be allowed under specific circumstances: if the child is a victim of trafficking or at significant risk of it; if there's a strong likelihood that the adult is not the parent; or if the child is in danger of abuse or neglect. State courts and state or county child welfare agencies could also separate a child from a parent if it's in the child's best interest.

He said "U.S. Steel just announced that they are building six new steel mills." But they didn't. And they're not.

Shall I continue?

And he's never owned up to a single lie ... mistake.

Everything has priorities and timetables...

First lets see the 30000 Hillary emails

Then lets hear the truth about what really happened in Libya when Americans died because Hillary lied

Then lets see Hillary behind bars where she belongs

Then I will analyze your post....

Fair enough...

amother

Cobalt

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:59 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Everything has priorities and timetables...

First lets see the 30000 Hillary emails

Then lets hear the truth about what really happened in Libya when Americans died because Hillary lied

Then lets see Hillary behind bars where she belongs

Then I will analyze your post....

Fair enough...

Ah yes.

BUT HILARY.

The cry of Trump supporters everywhere.

Clinton hasn't been in office since 2013. Trump is our president. But whenever confronted with his wrongdoings, with his lies, with his bullying and belittling, the only response is BUT HILARY.

Your man has been in office for 2 years. Time to stop replaying the election, and talking about him.

amother

Cobalt

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:59 pm
Fox wrote:
How is Trump related to this thread, except tangentially as the subject of the story?

We're talking about people who have trouble owning up to their own mistakes.

Fox

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 4:31 pm
amother wrote:

Um, no -- we're talking about news and media organizations, who've had an unusually bad run this week. Neither of the cases had anything to do with Trump directly.

OBnursemom

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:24 pm
The term fake news is stupid. Either something is true or it is a lie. Truth does not change based on your viewpoint, political party, or your favorite color. Which is it?

amother

Cobalt

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:33 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
The term fake news is stupid. Either something is true or it is a lie. Truth does not change based on your viewpoint, political party, or your favorite color. Which is it?

Its an attempt by Trump to discredit those parts of the media that don't kowtow to or support him.

ectomorph

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:36 pm
I think the media is doing a fine job discrediting themselves

Accusing a boy from Ohio of being the boy in the video with no evidence. Getting mussar from Mueller

Squishy

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:

I am still waiting for the liberal amothers to admit that they were idiots for marching in The Women's March. How stupid can you be?

Fox

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:06 pm
amother wrote:
Its an attempt by Trump to discredit those parts of the media that don't kowtow to or support him.

Gracious, I know some pretty avid Trump supporters, and even they don't credit him with this much power!

In fact, this is James Bond-villain-level mastery!

Trump somehow managed to get Buzzfeed to write a bogus article about him . . . and then somehow pressured Robert Mueller to debunk it?

He forced a bunch of high school boys to stand outside in MAGA caps in DC . . . conned a Native American activist into confronting them . . . and then convinced virtually every news outlet to denounce the boys on the basis of an edited 9-second video clip?

Or maybe too many journalists are using their "freedom of the press" to be free to sit at their desks all day and post stuff on Twitter . . . Rolling Eyes

amother

Cobalt

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:22 pm
Fox wrote:
Gracious, I know some pretty avid Trump supporters, and even they don't credit him with this much power!

In fact, this is James Bond-villain-level mastery!

Trump somehow managed to get Buzzfeed to write a bogus article about him . . . and then somehow pressured Robert Mueller to debunk it?

He forced a bunch of high school boys to stand outside in MAGA caps in DC . . . conned a Native American activist into confronting them . . . and then convinced virtually every news outlet to denounce the boys on the basis of an edited 9-second video clip?

Or maybe too many journalists are using their "freedom of the press" to be free to sit at their desks all day and post stuff on Twitter . . . Rolling Eyes

Nice why to ignore what I said, put words in my mouth, and then make fun of something I never said.

No wonder you support Trump!

Trump's repeated use of the term "fake news" and other attacks on media ("enemy of the people" "failing NY Times" "lowly rated CNN" etc) are his way of trying to discredit the free press, and particularly those parts of the free media that don't kowtow to him.

And it works.

On Sunday, Rudy Giuliani, on NBC's "Meet The Press," said that Trump remembered having conversations about the real estate project with his former attorney, Michael Cohen, "throughout 2016" and "as far as October, November." Now Guiliani says that he didn't really mean that, it was "hypothetical" and "not based on conversations I had with the President." And people will believe that it was all made up by that evil liberal press.

No clue why I'm responding to you anyway. You'll just pretend I said things that I didn't, and knock down some more strawmen.

ectomorph

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:52 pm
If trump was on imamother he would post as amother.

amother

Ginger

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:40 pm
Squishy wrote:
I am still waiting for the liberal amothers to admit that they were idiots for marching in The Women's March. How stupid can you be?

we did it for the hats.

Squishy

Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:55 pm
amother wrote:
we did it for the hats.

Figures. You got to say a naughty word and look stupid wearing genitalia hats. I am sure you are proud you supported anti semites.
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h